Welcome to InKing Royalty’s June 2017 Blog Hop! Today’s Blog Hop is filled with projects inspired by Stampin’ Up!’s 2017-2019 In Colors – Berry Burst, Fresh Fig, Lemon Lime Twist, Powder Pink and Tranquil Tide. What an amazing collection of new colors! We are excited to share our creations with these new colors. After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post. Hi Lisa and Louise !!! Thanks for joining us ? I’m a huge fan and your creativity is amazing! Hugs…
Back several years ago, more than what I would like to admit. My Yoga teacher would play part of the Gray’s Anatomy soundtrack while we were practicing. Believe it our not, It actually is a great soundtrack for your yoga practice. Back then I did not watch a lot of Gray’s Anatomy because, “the other” did not really care for it. So the songs came associated with peace, relaxation, and hard work. You know that moment at the end of the Yoga class when you are laying on your mat. You made it through it and everything is right in the world. Just for that moment….when you just breath… Later on I decide that I would watch Gray’s when “the other” had already gone to bed. That way I could enjoy my Gray’s. Now I am one of those freaks who marathon watch Gray’s from season 1 to the end. Because, how else do you watch Gray’s???? Try it sometime, it is hours of entertainment. And each time you watch it you will be drawn to a different character… And besides, what else is there to watch this time of year??? I love me some Gray’s Anatomy. That being said, I just had to have this sentiment in the Colorful Seasons Stamp Set. It completely reminds me of everything I love about Yoga and it makes me think “I got this” and to keep breathing…
The New InColors are just amazing!!! I love each and every one of them. The Powder Pink is just soft and wonderful. I discovered a little color combination in making these cards, I will be keeping in the back of my mind. Powder Pink and Smoky Slate are AMAZING together.
Two Other really great color combinations I found were Powder Pink ink blended with Berry Burst. Then Lemon Lime Twist ink blended with Tranquil Tide is AWESOME!!!! Beautifulness together…
These cards were quick and easy. A little stenciling with the new Pattern Party Decorative Mask. I just adore this circle mask. It has a kinda bohemian feel to it that pairs perfectly with the stencil. The bold pattern makes it easy to create a quick and easy focal point. I love how the sponge brayer lays color down with this mask. It really makes it so much fun to uses stencils when you have the right tool for the job. I am working on making a set with each new InColor. I got all the stenciling done to make a set of 8 of each color done last night. Tonight, I will add the embossing to each. Then put them together and decorate the envelopes to match. I did finish one of each so that you could see all the Pretty new InColors.
When I first started using Berry burst, I decided that it belonged with the purples. But, the more I use it the more reddish it becomes. It defiantly is not red…But, It’s not purple. Magenta??? Maybe? What I do know is that this color is beautiful. I keep reaching for it over and over and over…. The powder Pink is soft and so sweet of a color. After stenciling with it, I love the color. It will be perfect for those true girly cards. This soft pink was so muted. That I decided to use a different color for the Sentiment. The stenciled color and the stamped color are just really to close together for them to be the same. And look how wonderful it looks paired with Smoky Slate and Basic Black. Who Knew. And the card with it blended with Berry Burst. Just wow!!! How pretty are those two together.
Fresh Fig is the most perfect jewel tone. This rich purple is amazingly beautiful. It reminds me of a deep dark amethyst. Lemon Lime Twist is such a fun and happy color. This color just makes me smile!! Tranquil Tide is my absolutely favorite of the new InColors. This deep dark pool color is perfect in every way. It reminds me of the ocean.
- Each card was stenciled with the Pattern Party Decorative Mask using one of the New InColors. The sponge brayer is perfect for this. You can start of light and build up the color as desired. I tried to add some variations to the color of the stenciling. By adding more color in certain areas. Make sure you use a different sponge for the brayer with each color.
- The sentiment is stamped in the same color as the stenciling. Except, the Powder Pink. (we’ve discussed that)
- The edges are heat embossed in either copper or silver. This is easy to by running your paper edges along the versa mark stamp pad. Then adding your embossing powder. Repeating the process until you like your edges.
- to finish of the card, I added circles from the Eastern Places stamp set to the inside of the card and on the envelope flap.
- The Envelop is also stenciled on the front completing the look.
Stamping off can give you different layers of a single color. This helps your inks go further and gives different layers of value to a single ink pad.
Each of your comments makes me smile! Please, comment HERE.
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Lisa Pretto at Ink Big Academy Stamps
- Louise Sharp at LouiseSharp.com
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Rachael Shedeed at Blue Bonnet Stampin’
I am so glad you made it by Westside Paper Creations. Blog hop days are the best. This group has lots of beauty to share of these Amazing InColors. Happy Hopping and be Creative!!!
Peace and Happiness my friends-
Jennifer Read More