Mediterranean Moments with two step watercolor
Over the weekend I got to spend some crafty times with friends in Atlanta. Pam and I got to craft a little on Friday afternoon before tbe offical gathering on Saturday. We were expermenting with the watercolor pencils that Stampin’ Up! released in the Occasions Catalog. One of the sets I brought alnog for the Saturday event was Mediterranean Moments! I love the sketched look of this set but, really have not used it a lot until lately.I mentioned to Pam that I had seen a two step watercolor technique that I wanted to give a try. The technique used a watercolor layer, then stamping with a two step stamp, then highlighting with watercolor. I modified the technique to work with a single stamping. It is basically a watercolor glazeing technique. Where you and a layer of color over a layer od dried color.
- On watercolor paper add color to the paper with your pencils (here we used Pacific Point and Early Espresso)
- Then with a aqua painter move the color around
- Let this dry or heat set it…It needs to be completely dry befor you move on…
- Then stamp the image using Basic Black (or a waterproof ink)
- The next step is to color the image with the watercolor pencils.
- The final step is to use the blender pin to smoth out the color or you can use a aqua painter…
- If you choose to use the aqua painter use very little water.
- If you use the blender pin do not go over a area to much …the paper will peel
I did not really like the results while working on the final step. But, after it had dried it was perfect! After dinner Pam finished off the card with some ribbon and a sentament. The thing to remember about watercolor is it always looks its worst right before it is awesome! And wet watercolor looks way worse than when it has had time to dry….
Pam’s family took me to dinner at a wonderful restraint in a shopping center. One of the nice outdoor ones with shops and dinning all around a boardwalk of sorts. They had the most amazing grit cakes!!!! And the asparagus fries were yummy ? ….I’m drulling just thinking about the food. We also had this crab fondue that was perfect for dipping truffle fries in….even more special was getting to set by this one…
Thank you to those who have placed recent orders. Some of you choose “no contact” witch means I can’t properly thank you ?
Sale-A-Bration is still in full swing!!! For every $50 you spend you can pick one FREE exclusive item!!! How awesome is that?? ?
Want to earn even more during Sale-A-Bration??? Join today and receive 2 FREE stamp Sets of your choice!!!! Stampin’ Up! has filled my life with amazing and awesome people! Friends like Pam, make joining Stampin’ Up! the best decision ever!!! The friendships that are built around crafty goodness is such a blessing.
Peace and Much Love,