I’m so completly thrilled with the NEW catalog! It is packed full of amazing products. Stamps, paper, dies, embossing paste, and more! Yes I said embossing paste! It is on my order today list! I am so looking forward to using the all new Stampin’ Up! embossing paste. I can not wate to get my hands on the So Eclectic Suite of products!!! The Nature Sings stamp set is one of the prettiest stamp set ever!! Lemon Zest just screams summer! Petal Garden is ao beautiful! It is just full of class!!! Can you tell I am completely in ❤….What are you super excited about in the 2017 Catalog?????
I am completely enjoying the Lovely Inside and Out Stsmp Set! It will forever be a favorite. I just love the gemoteric feel paired with the bold words!!!!
Lovely Inside and Out Stamp Set
The new InColors are just awesome! I can not say enough about them!!! One of the great things about them is that they pair so well with our other colors!!!
- Limon Lime Twist is just simply awesome!!! The color combination is Limon Lime Twist, Fresh Fig, Bermuda Bay , and Flirty Flamingo
- How wonderful is it to have a stamp set that makes card making so easy!!!
- Layers are always key in makeing a awesome card!!! #layersmakeseverycardbetter
Each of your comments makes me smile! Please, comment HERE.
Envelopes are so much fun to decorate! I love when a stamp set makes every detail shine!!!
I hope you are excited as I am about the upcoming catalog!!! Don’t forget to check out Floral Sentaments, Fablous Flamingo, and Quirky Critters!!
Have a great day! Happy shoping the New catalog!!!
Peace and Much Love,
Jennifer Read More
- Welcome to InKing Royalty’s April Blog Hop! Today’s hop is filled with projects inspired by the Stampin’ Up!’s retiring 2015-2017 In Color Collection – our tributes to Cucumber Crush, Delightful Dijon, Mint Macaron, Tip Top Taupe and Watermelon Wonder. What fun! We’ve really enjoyed playing with these amazing colors over the past two years – and we are excited to share our creations with you today. After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
I have so enjoyed the Retiring InColors. They really have been fun to work with! Mint Macaron has been a favorite from day one!!! Along with Watermelon Wonder ? Other colors have grown on me, such as Tip Top Taupe!!! Truly the best neutral ever!!! Lets not forget, Delightful Dijon and Cucumber Crush… These colors are just delightful. Though I am sad that these colors are leaving us, I am super excited about the NEW InColors available in June…yeppie ?
I paired our Retiring colors with the Special Reasons Stamp Set from the Occasions Catalog.
Special Reasons Stamp Set
This stamp set is all the name suggests. It is perfect for making those extra special cards. The flowers are just perfect and the leaves are two-step stamps adding extra texture. There are dies that pair with the stamp set making even more flower and leaves combinations.
- The background is watercolor stripes of Mint Macron on Shimmery White. Adding layers of color over each other for a deeper color that blends out to the original stripes of color
- The flowers are stamped in Watermelon Wonder and Delightful Dijon. They are die cut with coronating dies
- The leaves are stamped in Mint Macron. The vanes are stamped in Cucumber Crush
- Tip Top Taupe is brought in as “the best neutral” for the sentiment
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Wendy Cranford at Luvin’ Stampin’. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
If you would like to check out the Retiring list, click on the links below
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin’
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Wendy Cranford at Luvin’ Stampin’
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Lory Robinson at The Robins Nest Designs
- Karen Browning at StampWithMeKZB
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Lisa Pretto at Ink Big Academy Stamps
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
Thanks for stopping by! I truly hope that you will hope along. I know everyone will have awesome inspiration for us all!!!
Peace and Much Love,
Jennifer Read More
Happy Monday! We are back at it this week with lots of great thing to share with you. Today, I am sharing a card that was made for the Can You Case It Challenge #86 . This is a sketch challenge that is simple in design yet leaves a lot of room for interpretation. As with most sketches I tried to say as true to the sketch as possible. After all, that’s half the fun trying to create within the realm of the sketch.
I decided to use a stamp set that I have had for a bit. I just can’t seem to get around to using it. Though after using the stamp set. I am leaving it out to keep using. I love it!!!!!
Everything Eleanor Stamp Set
Everything Eleanor is so wonderfully classic. I’m in love with the big swirl!!! And can not wait to use the flower.
Here are the details:
- The card base is Mint Macaron 5 1/2 by 4 1/4 inches. It is cut and scored the “Brian Way” Cut at 4 1/4 inches and scored at 5 1/2 inches.
- The layer are Delightful Dijon (5 3/8 by 4 1/8)
- The top two layers are Mint Macaron ( 4 by 4 ) and Tip Top Taupe (4by4) You will need to cut this down after you have layered the two pieces as you like them to be
- Use the Big Shot to emboss the Tip Top Taupe with your favorite texture. I used a retired stripes not recalling that it was retired. Dots would look quite lovely.
- On the Mint Macaron layer stamp the Swirl from Everything Eleanor using Mint Macaron ink
- The ribbon is the Whisper White Satin Ribbon that has been died to Mint Macaron using the Stamp and Wright Marker.
- The label is stamped in Delightful Dijon ink and then fussy cut. Using a Stamp-A-Ma-Jig add the Happy Birthday from the Birthday Blossoms Stamp Set
I have not decorated a envelope in a day or two so I decided quite last minuteto add a beautiful envelope to the card. I hope you like the little extra touch this gives to the overall statement of the card.
The Supply List
Thank You for stopping by Westside Paper Creations! I am here for each and everyone of you. If you have any questions feel free to contact me any time via email or leave a comment below. I do truly love hearing from you guys. Have a great day :> I will meet each and everyone back here soon.
Jennifer Read More
I had a completely different blog post ready for y’all today. But, in double checking the Clearance Rack the stamp sets used to make the card had sold out!!! That’s okay though, you get to see a beautiful card that I made over the weekend to send to a Stampin’ Up! friend who recently lost her mother. When I first got back into stamping I read a blog post by a fellow Stampin’ Up! demonstrator (Brian King) that said something about yellow being bright and cherry and that we need cherry at times of sorrow. Sense then, I have allowed myself to think outside the box for colors for a sympathy card. Here is Brian’s original post about yellow : Sympathy and prayers in Yellow
Over the weekend I played around with some color combinations that combine the new In Colors with existing Stampin’ Up! colors. I just love the way Daffodil Delight combines with Watermelon Wonder. It is a stunning combination.
Definitely Dahlia stamp set is perfect for the faux watercolor effect used to stamp the Dahlia. The sentiment is from Best Thoughts stamp set. I know I will be getting lots of use out of these two stamp sets. The Dahlia Stamps so very perfectly and makes a stunning image.
definitely Dahlia Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up!
Here are the Details of today’s card:
- The card base is Thick Whisper White card stock cut in half at 5 1/2 inches and scored at 4 1/4 inches. Make sure you use the bone folder to burnish the scored edge.
- Cut a piece of Watermelon Wonder card stock to 4 inches by 4 inches.
- Cut a piece of Daffodil Delight card stock to 3 3/4 inches by 3 3/4 inches.
- Cut a piece of Shimmery White card stock to 3 1/2 inches by 3 1/2 inches.
- Using sponge dabbers and your Daffodil Delight ink pad add some daffodil delight ink the Definitely Dahlia stamp. I used a fair amount of ink. Adding more than one layer of daffodil delight ink. Using a second sponge dabber add Watermelon Wonder ink to the dahlia stamp. Do so sparingly and in random places. Finally, Spirits with water and stamp on to the Shimmery White card stock. Allow the image to dry before you move it around. The water in the ink will make the image run. (tested and tried) Also, the amount spirits onto the stamp will determine how blurred the image becomes. I highly recommend testing before stamping on your final image.
- Using sponge dabbers add daffodil delight ink and Watermelon Wonder to the “Your in my Thoughts” stamp from Best Thoughts. DO NOT ADD WATER! Using the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig stamp the sentiment at the bottom of the card.
- Glue the layers together with multipurpose glue. Use Stampin’ Dimentionals to add the layers dahlia to the card base
The Shimmery White Paper that Stampin’ Up! offers is defiantly worth the investment when doing projects like this. The water and the smooth texture of the paper react so well together. It’s a match made in heaven. And the sponge dabbers make it so easy to add the ink to the stamp in a random pattern. This card was lots of fun to make. One think about this faux water coloring technique is that each time you stamp the image comes out different. What fun!
Tomorrow we will have all new Weekly Deals. Remember to check them out on our Facebook Page!!!
Check out the Clearance Rack:
Here is the Supply List for today’s card:
Thank You for stopping by Westside Paper Creations on this Monday. I trust everyone had a great one and I will see you back here soon.
Jennifer Read More
I created this card specifically for the Fab Friday card challenge. I have been fallowing the design team’s creations for quite a while now. I am excited to be finally participating in on of the challenges. The design team created great cards for lots of inspiration. So, take time and visit Fab Friday . The challenge was to create a card using the new “In Colors” from Stampin’ Up! Here is the banner for the challenge.
The new In Colors are amazing!!! Mint Macaron, Watermelon Wonder, and Tip Top Taupe are quickly becoming favorite colors. I decided to pair this color combination with the Watercolor Wings stamp set. Watercolor Wings is a two step stamp set witch allows for layering of color.
This is what you get with the Watercolor Wings Stamp Set. The Stamp Set is Photopolymer witch makes the two step stamping really easy because you can see exactly where the stamp goes. When using Photopolymer stamps you will need the clear stamp blocks. This set requires block sizes A,D,E, & G
And here is the card I create with Watercolor Wings
Here are the details:
- My background is the stamped with the dots from Watercolor Wings in three different colors (Mint Macaron, Watermelon Wonder, and Delightful Dijon) on a note card from the Note Card and Envelope pack
- The Butterfly was stamped with the solid wing stamp in Delightful Dijon stamped off once (stamping off is a technique to get a lighter version of a desired color. Simply ink your stamp/ stamp it once on scrap paper/ stamp it again on the paper you are going to use) Then I went back and stamped over the wings in Delightful Dijon with the outer wing stamp. Finally, I stamped the inside of the wings in Watermelon Wonder. This type stamping give lots of depth to a stamped image. Using the Big Shot machine I cut out the butterfly using the Bold Butterfly Framelits. Finally I added the body to the middle of the butterfly in Tip Top Taupe. All of this was done on the Thick Whisper White Card Stock
- My Essential tool is my bone folder witch I used to curl the wings of the butterfly before gluing (I use Tombow Multi Liquid Glue almost exclusively) him down. When gluing the butterfly only glue the middle (body) of the butterfly to the paper. This will give the butterfly life and much needed depth on the card base. Don’t forget to add the antenna to your butterfly after gluing him down.
- Finally in the bottom right corner I stamped “Just for You” in Tip Top Taupe. I had to stamp it twice to get the dark color I desired. But, this was not hard when using photopolyer stamps
- I wanted to make this card extra special so I decorated the outside of the card. Using the same color combination I stamped the dots on the back envelope flap and a row of Mint Macarone dots on the front of the envelope. Finally, I stamped Just for You on the outside of the card just above the Mint Macarone dots.
I am really pleased with how this card turned out!!!! It is a very happy card and shows the versatility of the new In Colors. Make sure to stop by the Fab Friday to look at everyone’s great cards. I hope they inspire you as much as they have me.
On a side note, If you have not checked out the Thick Whisper White Cardstock then you must. It is perfect for card bases and so much more. It really holds up to the test when using the bone folder. Such as in today’s card. It is truly a great addition to the Stampin’ Up! collection of cardstock. You will not regret having it in your crafting supplies as it is sure to become a go to paper, as it has for me.
Don’t forget to check your bundles when ordering. The Watercolor Wings is available in a bundle with the Bold Butterfly Framelits witch is a 15% discount!!!!
If you have any questions regarding today’s card, Stampin’ Up!, or stamping in general please use the form below to contact me. I am always here for you!!! Thank you for taking the time to read my words. I always hope to encourage you on your creative journey!!!!
Jennifer Read More