Welcome to InKing Royalty’s April Blog Hop! This year’s Blog Hop themes are inspired by a single word – and this month our projects are centered around SPRING. Spring is a special time of year – it’s fun to celebrate the beauty of nature and to get back outside during this transition of the seasons. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
When I was thinking about my project for today’s hop I decided to use a stamp set that had been sitting waiting for me to use it! You guys know, I have really gone back to the basics with my stamping. And the Here Comes the Sun stamp set is absolutely perfect for anyone who loves the essence of stamping.
Is this not the cutest stamp set!!! I sure do think so!! Besides the fact that you can sing along with George Harrison as you stamp! You also get great sentiments and some super fun itty bitty images.
- The background was made on shimmery white paper with embossing paste and gray granite ink. After the embossing dried, well almost dried. Woops…..the background was sloppy watercolor with balmy blue and gray granite
- Some of the detail of the embossing was lost because I was impatient and did not let the embossing dry completely before watercoloring around it. Learn from my mistake!!!
- The you are my sunshine was stamped and punched out with the 2 1/4 inch punch
- The final steps was to pot the card together using the gingham gala paper, a card base made from daffodil delight, and gray granite layering. Last but not least the sentiment was popped up using dimensionals
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Brian King at Stamp with Brian King at Stamp with Brian . There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Each of your comments makes me smile! Please, comment HERE.
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
Have a wonderful day hoping along with the Totals and getting lots of creative Insperation!!