Welcome to InKing Royalty’s July Blog Hop! This year’s Blog Hop themes are inspired by popular songs – this month’s song is “I Don’t Want to Wait ’til Christmas.” We are half-way through the year, so there’s no better time to start thinking about the joy of Christmas. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
Today I promise to be short and sweet! That way you can get on with the awesome Christmas themed blog hop!!! I adore making holiday card!! Normally once I start, it is about all I think about!!! I just love the creativity that flows during the Holidays!!!
My card today features one of my favorite stamp sets Rooted In Nature. This awesome set was combined with a watercolor card that I found on Pinterest! Pinterest is a great place to find ideas for crafty projects!
Rooted In Nature Stamp Set
I love this set so much it was the first of my The Creative Way series! I really enjoyed crafting with this stamp set for that series. Today, I’m using a project that I started for The Creative Way, but did not finish it till yesterday morning. I was thinking about what I wanted to make for you guys and remembered that I had started this card and never finished it! Well, it was time to correct that!!!
To be real honest this watercolor was done almost two full months ago!! I really do not recall the colors I used. My best guess is Night of Navy, Blueberry Bushel, Mint Macaroon, Soft Sea Foam, and Gorgeous Grape (or some purplely color).
- The first thing I did was stamp the trees. This was done by inking the stamp then spritz it slightly with water before stamping.
- The second step was to add in the sky. This was done by wetting the background slightly and dropping in color, working from the top to the trees. As I approached the trees The color was filled in as much as possible.
- The final step of the watercolor was to add some snow. White craft ink does a wonderful job at this
- Now, it was time for a sentiment!!! The joy to the world was taken from a larger sentiment in the Nature Sings stamp set. A little masking and I had the perfect words!!!
- Another way to create a similar background would be to create the sky and ground. Then when the background was barely wet you could stamp the trees. This would be much easier than trying to paint around the trees
- And just in case you missed it I used two of my new favorite products the Merry Merlot paper and the Subtle Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
No card is complete with out a coordinating envelope!!! The watercolor wash was created with the new watercolor pencils, available in August, and a aqua painter. Quick and simple way to add a little extra to your cards!
The envelope used here has a little toothy feel to it. The envelope took the water okay…If I was to make this envelope agin I might would try making my own envelope out of watercolor paper (light weight) or shimmery white paper. Another option might would be to use ink refills cause they might require less water to get the desired look!
Each of your comments makes me smile! Please, comment HERE.
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin’
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Imogene Thomas at MomoMakes.com
- Nina King at InkPaperSequins
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
There are a few Stampin’ Up! specials this month. One is a Designer Series Paper Sale that is quite special!! Buy 3 get one FREE!!
The second is for those who Join Stampin’ Up!! Everyone who Joins Stampin’ Up! to save on their favorite stamps, inks, and papers will receive a FREE family of inks!!! That’s 10 ink pads for FREE! How awesome is that???
The Creative Way – A Product Feature
I adore sharing with you guys all about one product each month! This months feature product is the color Granny Apple Green!! I love the modern fresh feel of this awesome color!!! To see more about Granny Apple Green check out this month’s first post in the Series!
Thanks for stopping by Westside Paper Creations! I so enjoy sharing with you guys! I hope you will continue to hop along to see all the amazing Christmas projects the Inking Royalty have in store for you!!
Jennifer Read More