Sunshine & Rainbows for the Inking Royalty
Sunshine & Rainbows are out! Well, at least in my mind. It is Inking Royalty Blog Hop Day and I’m super excited!!
Welcome to InKing Royalty’s March Blog Hop! Today’s hop is filled to the brim with projects that celebrate Spring and Summer. With inspiration from Katrina & the Waves’ song “Walking on Sunshine,” we’ve created projects that share the joy and excitement that accompany warmer weather. We are excited to share our projects with you. After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
I have been wanting to use the Sunshine & Rainbows bundle for quite some time now!! I love the rainbow that you can build with the dies . And all the extras clouds, a sunshine, lightning, and great sentiments .
So, I made a card for today and it set on my desk. I liked the card but, I was not in love with it . It left me filling like, I could do better. So, after doing a Google search and a quick look at Pinterest .I combined several things that I liked to create 2 cards for you! Both cards use the same basic ideas. But, they are completely different from each other.
- The background is stamped on Soft Sky with Pool Party ink
- The next step was to add some clouds that were die cut. After die cutting them, I added a very thin layer of silver texture paste
- The sun and clouds are cut from paper that was watercolored . I just used a little ink refills and some water and brushed the color onto hot press watercolor paper.
- The card base is my favorite Tutti Frutti card bases from Sale-A-Bration.
- The sentiment is stamped in Island Indigo
- Then it was popped up with Stampin’ Dimentionals
- A little sliver thread was added to pick up the sliver in the clouds
The second card also uses a stamped background to create your very own designer series paper and the Tutti Frutti Card Bases. If you do not have these card bases from Sale-A-Bration, you definitely need them! They are awesome!!! And they are Free when you spend $50.
- The suns are stamped in Daffodil Delight on So Saffron paper.
- The word Sunshine is die cut out of paper that was watercolored with the Daffodil Delight ink refill . The Sunshine Wishes dies are amazing and pair perfectly with the Sunshine & Rainbows bundle.
- The Rainbow is also cut from paper that was watercolored with ink refills. I used this paper because I had it on hand . But, card stock would work just as well
- The Hello is from the Color Me Happy stamp set. I just cut off the oh,
Each of your comments makes me smile! Please, comment HERE.
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery .There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Sale-A-Bration is the most exciting time of the year! You get to earn FREE EXCLUSIVE PRODUCTS with every $50 you spend.
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Imogene Thomas at MomoMakes.com
- Lisa Pretto at Ink Big Academy Stamps
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Nina King at InkPaperSequins
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin’
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s OwleryOwlery
Below is a list of products used, less the watercolor items, Real Red and Daffodil Delight ink pads:
I use paper that I had watercolored for several elements in both cards. This gave the cards a little variation in colors and a softer look . If you wish not to watercolor the paper for the different elements card stock would work just as well. If you do want to watercolor the paper. All you will need is some watercolor paper, a aqua painter, and ink refills . The colors used are: Elegant Eggplant ,Island Indigo, Tempting Turquoise, Wild Wasabi, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red. I used made a gradient watercolor wash . This gave me a variety of one color to work with. The best example of its effect is in the word sunshine and how the color fades .
I used hot press watercolor paper because it is what I had on hand. The Stampin’ Up! cold press watercolor paper or shimmery white would work just as well. I just happened to be out .
Below is a list of the supplies used:
Thank you for stopping by today! I hope that you enjoy the rest of the blog hop! Go and be creative my friends!