Bohemian Borders for Can You Case It #85
Can You Case It has a great color challenge for us to play along with. I am playing along wont you?
Don’t you love the colors. I sure do. For my Brown, Blue, and Yellow I am using Early Espresso, Bermuda Bay, and Daffodil Delight. I wanted to spice things up a bit and try and make a truly clean and simple card using these colors and Bohemian Borders Stamp Set. I thought all day about what I wanted to create and came up with a plan… I was going to use the border stamps to make a pattern on part of the paper and then stamp my sentiment in the open white space. Perfect right???
I really think that this set lends it’s self to the color combination quite well. I could just see the colors popping while I was at work… When I finally got the chance to actually stamp the card things were going well. But, a second idea came to me…I need to stamp the entire background and then add my sentiment. So, I decided to do both. That is after I tried about twenty times to line the borders up right… But, now I know the trick… Start with one of the straight borders (such as the Stamp I used Bermuda Bay ink with) and then line the others up to it….Much easier this way… Now you know….Shush Don’t Tell 😉
Here are the details:
- The card base is from the Whisper White Note Cards & Envelopes
- The layer is Whisper White card stock cut to 4 7/8 by 3 3/8
- On the Whisper White layer stamp the Bohemian Borders using Early Espresso, Bermuda Bay, and Daffodil Delight
- Using Early Espresso card stock, the hello from Hello You Thinlits, and the Big Shot cut out the Hello. Use the new Fine-Tip Glue Pen or a Xyron X Sticker Maker to adhere the Hello to the Whisper White layer
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere the Whisper White layer to the card base
That’s it to making a perfectly clean and beautiful card.
The second card just started to pop when I added lots of layers of card stock to bring out the beauty of the color combination and the Bohemian Borders Stamp Set. To me this card is a classic “me” card. It just looks like something I would create….Guess that’s good sense I created the card.
Here are the details:
- The card base is 5 1/2 by 4 (this is a odd size…Mainly because I was making a smaller card when I cut the Whisper White layer….I built the card around the layer…it would be easy to start with a 5 1/2 by 4 1/4 card base and make the layers fit.)
- The Layers are Early Espresso (5 3/8 by 3 7/8), Daffodil Delight (5 1/8 by 3 5/8), Bermuda Bay (5 by 3 1/2),Whisper White (4 7/8 by 3 3/8)
- Stamp the Bohemian Borders on the Whisper White layer using Early Espresso, Bermuda Bay, and Daffodil Delight inks
- The rectangles are Early Espresso (1 3/4 by 3 1/4) and Daffodil Delight (1 1/2 by 3)
- The Hello is cut using the Big Shot and the Hello You Thinlits.
- Adhere everything using multipurpose glue and Stampin’ Dimensionals
I would love to know witch card do you like best?
I think I’m in love with both…..
What about you?
Don’t forget to decorate your envelope. A pretty envelope just seems to bring everything together.
Thank You for stopping by Westside Paper Creations. Remember to check out all the wonderful cards by the Design Team over at Can You Case It. And scroll down to the bottom and see all the cards by those playing along. There are some pretty great cards this week!!! If you see a card you really like be sure to leave them some blog love!!! Happy Thursday :>