When I got home last night from work and started on today’s blog card, I stumbled across a stamp set that I have not used in a bit. I love the sketched look of Remarkably You so I decided to play around with it a bit. This stamp set is so amazing all on its own. It really does not take much to make it shine. I have found that when using bold flowers (like Remarkably You) that it is best to keep the design clean and simple. This gives the stamp room to shine. And, shine is what Remarkably You does.
I have told you how much I love the sketched look of Remarkably You, but, I also adore the size of these bold flowers and leaves.
Here are the Details of today’s card:
- The card base is Melon Mambo cut at 5 1/2 inches and scored at 4 1/4 inches. Use your bone folder to burnish the scored edge.
- The layers are Wild Wasabi ( 5 3/8 by 4 1/8 inches) and English Garden Designer Series Paper (1 3/6 inches)
- On the Wild Wasabi layer use a sponge dabber and dab circles Wild Wasabi ink.
- The squares are Hello Honey (3 1/2 inches) and Whisper White (3 1/4 inches)
- Stamp the image using the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig and Staz on Jet Black ink. Then color in the image using the Wild Wasabi Marker.
- The card is brought all together by the Melon Mambo Cotton Ribbon. When adhering the ribbon use mini glue dots on the back of the Wild Wasabi layer and wrap the ribbon around to the dots.
Side note, can you believe I made a card and did not use the Shimmery White paper. (I can’t) I am so proud I step outside my box ….just a baby step.
Sometimes it is nice to just have a pretty note card to send to a friend. No sentiment, No special reason. Just taking a moment to say hi. This is the perfect stamp set to make such a card. No matter what you decide to make with Remarkably You it will be gorgeous.
Here is today’s supply list:
Thank You for stopping by Westside Paper Creations on this Saturday. I hope you have a great one. And, that we will meet back here soon.