Christmas in July for Inking Royalty Blog Hop
Welcome to InKing Royalty’s July Blog Hop! It’s Christmas in July, and today’s Blog Hop is filled with projects inspired by … you guessed it … Christmas! What fun! Although Stampin’ Up!’s 2017 Holiday Catalog will be released to demonstrators this week (we can’t wait to share that with you), our Annual Catalog is filled with fun, festive and beautiful ways to make Christmas special. We are excited to share our creations with you today. After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
I am so loving all the Christmas products in the annual catalog! We have several stamps that carried over from last year’s holiday catalog. They are wonderful stamp set and I am so glad that they stayed around. I adore Flurry of Wishes, Christmas Pines, and Father Christmas just to name a few Then there are two new stamp sets that are just awesome! Merry Mistletoe and Nature Sings. There are a few other stamps that work well for the Holidays like At Home, Wats of Occasions, and Colorful Seasons. The stamp set I am loving the most right now for the Holidays is Carols of Christmas. It is being released in August! And it is awesome. The is set pairs with the card front builder dies! They are amazing as well. You can get this set now for FREE! When you join Stampin’ Up! In July. (more about this at the bottom of my post)
Today I paired this with two stamps that are not Christmas related. But, end up making a fun and festive card. Fabulous Flamingo and Pop of Paradise. Both of these sets have one thing in common. Flamingos!!! I love Flamingos! They are just beautiful creatures.
I Love this summery stamp set. Click here to see another card featuring this stamp set.
This was one of my favorite stamp sets from the 2016 Annual Catalog. I am so very happy that it is back for another year. Click here to see another card featuring this stamp set.
- I stamped the flamingo from Fabulous Flamingo in Archival Basic Grey. Then created a watercolor wash around the flamingo with Lemon Lime Twist ink. The first layer was done with a really light wash of color. Then I went back and added a second layer of color in some places.
- The next step was to stamp the inside of the flaming in Flirty Flamingo
- Then using a exact-o knife I made two slits and added the felt scarf using glue dots to keep the scarf in place.
- The final touches was the sentiment, bakers twine, and the little holly cluster. This is from the Carols of Christmas set. I used Lemon Lime Twist marker and Flitry Flaming marker and colored the image then stamped it.
I love how this card came out so clean and simple. It really is just fun to step out from time to time and experiment and see what you can come up with. The second card. I used the Flamingos from the Pop of Paradise stamp set and the ornaments from Carols of Christmas to create a little Christmas scene. This reminds me of a big city Christmas window display.
- This card was done in layers. Each image was stamped with either Flirty Flamingo, Lemon Lime Twist, or Perfect Plum.
- The second step was to then stamp each image with versa mark and heat embossed with clear embossing Powder. Then Heat embossing each image.
- The third step was to add the watercolor wash in Lemon Lime Twist
- Then for a little interest I stamped the Lemon Lime Twist and Perfect Plum ornaments a second time. And die cut them out. After die cutting them, I added them on top of the existing ornaments. Either directly or by popping them up with a mini dimensional
- The felt scarfs are add just like the other card. I cut little slits in the paper to feed the felt through. Then using glue dots to keep the scarfs in place.
I really enjoyed creating these whimsical Christmas Card. It is always fun to look at your stamps and come up with something different. I love looking at Instagram getting ideas for cards. I have seen a few other cards similar to this which gave me the idea to try something different with these flamingos.
If you would like to see more of my adventures with stamping. I would love for you to check out my Instagram. I have been posting all month-long Christmas Cards for my Christmas in July theme. You can fallow me at @westsidepaper
Each of your comments makes me smile! Please, comment HERE.
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Candy Ford at Stamp Candy. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Karen Browning at StampWithMeKZB
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Lisa Pretto at Ink Big Academy Stamps
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps
I would love for you to join my team. My stamping friends are the best. When you join under me not only do you get to be apart of my team. But, you will also be a member of the InKing Royalty! The best stamping community around!!! Stampin’ Up! has a great July Join event going on!!! So want you join me now???? If you have any questions about Stampin’ Up! or Joining Now, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org Join in July, get Free products!!! Everyone who joins in July will receive the Carols for Christmas stamp set. Don’t know that set???? It is bran new for the Holiday Catalog!!! You also get the Essentials Gift Pack. This pack includes paper snips, grid paper, snail adhesive, a bone folder, and two D stampin’ blocks. Exclusive to Christmas in July!!
When you spend $50 in July Stampin’ Up! will give you $5 to spend in August!!! For every $50 you spend in July!!! Let’s all say Merry Christmas in July!!!
Below is a list of products used to make this card! If you have any questions feel free to contact me at email@example.com