Freshly Made Sketches 200
The crew over at Freshly Made Sketches are celebrating their 200th sketch. Now, if I had thought of it before right this second, I would have made them a Birthday Card. Oh well!!!! I am so happy that this fabulous design team has reached sketch 200!!! Way to go Freshly Made Sketches!!!!!! Please take time to visit their blog and see all the great creations. And they are giving away some great prizes to those who play along. (you better act quick if you want to play along…..the challenge closes at 12 noon today) Be sure to read all the details… I see discounts for those who play along at Freshly Made Sketches.
As it seems to go with me and sketch challenges…. I just have a hard time! You would think, a little something on top, a little something on bottom, and something in the middle to tie them all together. I had a idea. Well, it did not look as wonderful as it did in my brain… So, I scratched the idea (only, for now…I will keep working on the card until it is right and perfect to share with you) The second take was much better.
I enjoy the challenge of trying to stay true to a sketch. I could have added so much to this card. But, the sketch was clean and simple and I wanted to honor that. The results to me are just wonderful. (if I do say so myself) The stamp sets used to create the card for the challenge are Sheltering Tree and Garden in Bloom.
Here are the detals:
- The card base is Whisper White Thick Card Stock. I cut it a little different. What I like to call the Brian King way… It is cut at 4 1/4 inches and then scored at 5 1/2 inches. I like the idea of the card opening at the top for this sketch. It helps bring simitry to the elements of the card.
- I cut a piece of Whisper White Card Stock to 4 1/4 inches by 2 1/2 inches. Using sponge dabber I sponged on ink in Crushed Curry and Clyspso Coral
- Stamp the large flower outline from Garden in Bloom onto the inked card stock using Perfect Plum ink. Also, stamp the small flower outline in Perfect Plum ink
- Cut a piece of Perfect Plum to 4 1/4 inches by 2 3/4 inches. Adhere the Perfect Plum layer to the stamped layer using multipurpose glue.
- Stamp the sentiment from Sheltering Tree in Perfect Plum
- Finally adhere the Layers to the card base using Stampin’ Dimentionals
It’s easy to add a little love to the envelope. While you have your stamps and ink out go on and decorate the envelope. It adds so much love to a hand made card.
Well, that’s it! Happy 200 to Freshly Made Sketches. I have enjoyed fallowing yall (yes it should be y’all but I’m from Alabama and yall not spelled that way) for quite some time. I hope the next 200 are as great as the first 200!!!
Remember that My Paper Pumpkin is on Sale right now….
Here is the supply list:
It’s Monday again and that means most of us are off to our jobs! I hope everyone has a good week and that we all meet back here soon. Thank You for talking time to check out the latest at Westside Paper Creations. Don’t forget to hop on over to Freshly Made Sketches today!!!