Yesterday, I shared my version of a masculine card using the Rooted In Nature stamp set and Faux Batik technique. Today’s card is a softer more feminine card using a simple watercolor background and the same set! Thinking of you cards can be the hardest to make. A soft watercolor wash seems to give a soothing fell along with a soothing color palette.
The Creative Way – A Product Feature – Rooted In Nature
This month for The Creative Way I am sharing projects made with the Rooted In Nature Stamp set! This set will be available in June 2. I have so enjoyed working with the awesome stamp set. Rooted In Nature is available as a Bundle which saves you 10% The bundle includes coordinating dies!! How cool is that!!! You can join me Every Monday & Friday for The Creative Way – A Product Feature. Any yes, I know today is Tuesday! It is a bonus day! Yeppie!!!!
I love watercolor backgrounds. They are a quick way to add so much interest to a card! Plus there’s like a million ways (techniques) that you can use to create fun watercolor backgrounds. When I pull out watercolor supplies I normally end up making a bunch of backgrounds. Mainly because I love the process of just sitting and trying different things till I’m content. Also, it gives me a starting point for so many projects if I have a few watercolored papers hanging around. The other thing is watercolor always, always, always looks it’s worse right before it looks nice or pretty. And wet always looks way worse than dry. I can’t tell you how many prices of watercolor I have pulled out of the trash because I threw them away wet. And once they were dry, I decided that’s not so horrible. One of my favorite colors to use for watercolor is Tempting Turquoise (Retiring). I just adore this color when it is combined with water! So, I wanted to make sure I used it on a card before it was gone!
- The watercolor was very simply done with ink refills and a aqua painter using Bermuda Bay and Tempting Turquoise
- I worked Tempting Turquoise from one end to the middle. And Bermuda Bay from the other to the middle . Letting the two cross and blend. This makes a very easy gradient wash.
- After the initial color dried, I splattered Lemon Lime Twist on the background
- The Leaves from Rooted In Nature were stamped in Lemon Lime Twist, Mint Macaroon, and Bermuda Bay. The die cut with the coordinating dies.
- The Sentiment heat embossed with black embossing powder on vellum
- The final step was to add some texture with the Sliver Thread and Nature’s Poem Twine (Mint Macaroon)
I love envelopes decorating! So I decided to add the leaves to the envelope!!!
- Using the same colors as the card, Bermuda Bay, Mint Macaroon, and Lemon Lime Twist the leaves were randomly stamped on the envelope flap
- To protect the envelope front while stamping the flap, I used A piece of masking paper (Avery removable labels 6465)
- The finishing touch was to add a few leaves to the front of the envelope
Each of your comments makes me smile! Please, comment HERE.I hope you have enjoyed seeing this bonus card for The Creative Way!! I have so enjoyed sharing Rooted In Nature with you! Also seriously, the Tempting Turquoise ink is amazing for watercolor!! If you like this look I highly suggest you purchase it now!!
The first post in The Creative Way series shares a lot of my thoughts about the Rooted In Nature Stamp Set and the Nature’s Poem Suite that Rooted In Nature is apart of! You can find that post here
The Share What You Love bundle is jammed packed of stamping wonderfulness for every card maker or paper craftier out there!!! This bundle is only available for a limited time
- Bundles are exclusive to the suite early release and will no longer be available after May 31, 2018. Individual items from the Share What You Love suite will be available when the 2018–2019 annual catalog is released on June 1, 2018.
Lots of awesome products are retiring from the Occasions and Annual Catalogs .You defiantly don’t want to miss out on these fabulous items!!
Have a great Tuesday! As always if you have any questions about today’s card or any paper crafting project you have seen here at Westside Paper Creations feel free to contact me! Tomorrow is the Inking Royalty Blog Hop!! So, I hope each of you will be back for that fun day!! Go and live creatively my friends!