Welcome to InKing Royalty’s October Blog Hop! There are so many ways to say, “Thank you!” – today’s blog hop is filled with projects that share our gratitude. Stampin’ Up!’s catalogs (both the Annual Catalog and the Holiday Catalog) are filled with so many fun products that help us show our gratitude – and we are excited to share our creations with you today. After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
There are so many things in life to be thankful for, friends, family, a job you love, having time to create. My Inking Royalty friend are some of my most cherished friendships. Living the creative life connects us in a truly unique way. We share what we have made with each other, we encourage each other, we support each other, and we celebrate accomplishments with each other! The Royals are truly awesome people. I have said many times before that one of the things I love most about the card making world is the amazing sense of community.
One of my most recent purchases was the all New Stampin’ Blends (alcohol markers) and the Color Me Happy Project Kit (Available Nov.1) The Stampin’ Blends are a must have coloring tool. And the new Limited Time, Color Me Happy Kit and Stamp Set are just awesome. I loved one of the card designs so much I decided to CASE it today!
- I love the simple design with the diagonal cut paper
- I love the touch of metallic
- And I adore the pretty envelopes
I decided to take these elements and make them into two cards for you today! For the first card I used the Painted Autumn Designer Series Paper and the Painted Harvest Stamp Set. Both of these are perfect for fall cards.
- The colors used are Cajun Craze, Peekaboo Peach, Chocolate Chip, Sierra Sand, and Soft Suede
- For the touch of metallic I used copper foil paper.
- To make the diagonal Designer Series Paper, I cut a piece of the Painted Autumn paper to 4 by 41/4 inches. Then I cut from one side to the point of the paper on the opposite end.
- For the envelope I used the Painted Autumn Designer Series Paper on the flap.
- The Painted Harvest stamp set was used on the form of the envelope
There are many “mistakes” in this card and the envelope. The stamping is most definitely not perfect. But, I decided to share it with you as is. So you would know stamping and creating is not an art of being perfect! It is about creating something to share with others. The recipient will never know you stamped the acorns a bit two far apart or that the sunflowers are not aligned up right. They are going to see a beautiful card!
The next card, I decided to flip the diagonal, use stamps that I could color with the blends to create my own designer series paper, and change-up the size of the sentiment. You can still see the inspiration in the card design. It just takes CASEing a little further from an exact copy.
- The colors used are Whisper White, Night of Navy, So Saffron, and Silver Foil
- On the Whisper White I stamped in tuxedo black memento ink the Paisley and Poses stamps
- They are colored with the new Stampin’ Blends. Colors used Light and Dark Night of Navy, Light Daffodil Delight, and Light Smoky Slate
- I used the fine tip nib with a very small circular motion to create a smooth coloring with the Stampin’ Blends. Then when I had very little space to work I used a very light touch when adding color.
- The envelope is also stamped with the Paisley and Poses stamp set. Then colored with the Stampin Blends
- A strip of silver foil was added to the top of the flap
- When coloring with the blends on the thin envelope paper, I use a piece of scrap paper between the layers of the envelope
I can’t tell you how much I have enjoyed using the Stampin’ Blends. They are awesome in coloring. They make blending two colors together a breeze. Or you can use them as single colors like I did to get an even colouring! I’m so excited about having alcohol markers in Stampin’ Up! colors. These wonderful markers will be available November 1!!!
Each of your comments makes me smile! Please, comment HERE.
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hopalong to the next stop on the blog hop, Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Karen Browning at KarenZBrowning.com
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Racheal Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin’
Below is a about the Stampin’ Blends! Be sure to check it out!
Thanks for stopping by on this hop day! I hope that you enjoy the amazing creativity in this group! I promise the Inking Royalty are the best group ever!
Peace and love my creative friends-