Blogging Friends Blog Hop
Today is the Blogging Friends Blog Hop all about items that will be retiring from the Stampin’ Up catalog. There are many things that I will miss including the Pigment Sprinkles, the In Colors that are retired, the designer series paper for the in colors and color families (I adore all the gingham…but new patterns coming soon yippee)
I decided to use a stamp set that I just had to have when it was first available!!! I knew exactly who I wanted to make a card for using it! My cousin Alex who is a huge animal lover and horse friend. I don’t see a horse without thinking of Alex. Anyway, I have actually never gotten around to making her a card with this set. I know. Complete shame on my part. So, today was the perfect excuse to make Alex not one but two cards.
Let it Ride is so beautifully sketched to me. It is perfect for coloring. Either with Stampin’ Blends or with Watercolor ink/pencils. Today I decided to use Stampin’ Blends cause I have not used them in a bit
- I stamped everything in Soft Suede It is always a 50/50chance that the ink will smear when you start coloring with alcohol markers. So test the color first. You might get lucky and it is just fine.
- I really don’t want completely brown trees so I used a green blend to trace over the trees and grass. Witch sort of helped
- This time everything is stamped in alcohol inks friendly Black ink. Witch means that the ink will not bleed
- This house was a complete experiment. I wanted to try and make spots. So, I used several different blends then went back with each color and tried to blend the color. I’m not sure I would do it this way again. But, it is what it is
- I’m so going to miss Blueberry Bushel! It is one of my favorites!
I hope you have enjoyed the blog hop so far! Please continue the hop through the links below.
Each of your comments makes me smile! Please, comment HERE.