This is such a fun time of the year! Football, pumpkins, hot tea, and of course coffee. I decided to celebrate the upcoming fall season with two sets of cards and a pocket box to hold them. These will make great little gifts for friends! I can’t wait to share them with my coffee loving friends. While I had my supplies out, I also made a mini pocket for at treat such as Ghirardelli squares.
To make these pocket boxes I decided to use the Merry Café set in the Holiday Catalog. This set is just wonderful! It is full of goodies for fall café cards and Christmas café cards. It is jam-packed with sentiments, and little stamps to decorate your coffee/tea cups up! I love all the detail stamps included in this set.
This super cute set was paired with the Coffee Café stamp set and the Painted Autumn Designer Series Paper. This paper is quickly becoming a favorite! I seem to be reaching for it all the time! I just love the patterns in this paper
The card pocket is a case from fellow demonstrator, Kelly Acheson at A Stamp Above. When I saw Kelly’s pocket I thought it looked familiar, that’s because my friend Julie DiMatteo at the Paper Pixie had made a mini version of the pocket fold. She is an origami genius!! I love all of her boxes and mini projects.
I have several pictures for you today of the process of making the pocket fold box. But, make sure you check out Julie’s and Kelly’s blog post. They both have great videos that show you exactly how to make the card. Kelly’s pocket fold box. Julie’s mini pocket treat holder.
The first thing I did was make a template that I can keep of this pocket box. The card pocket box and the treat pocket box are made exactly the same. They are different sizes and held together differently! So, I gathered my supplies which includes 12 x 12 paper, multipurpose glue, a bone folder, and a score board
After you have gathered your supplies then you will want to cut your paper down to 7 1/2 by 12 inches. Then you will use your score board to do some scoring.
You will score at
- 1 7/8 and 5 5/8 on the short side (7 1/2)
- 5 5/8 and 6 3/8 on the long side (12)
You will want to burnish each score line with the bone folder. After burnishing you will want to fold it like above. Then you will take your finger and hold it at the crease where the score line meats the folded edge.
With your other hand you will pull back the score line to line up with the folded paper. And score on the diagonal line created.
You will want to do this process on all four sides. So that you end up with something that looks like the below picture.
This shows you the basic form of the pocket box. All that is left is to make the top of the box and to glue the sides down. The top of the box is as follows.
- The paper is cut at 4 3/4 x 3 3/4 inches.
- Score at 1 inch and 3 3/4 inches on the long side (4 3/4 side)
You will want to burnish the two score lines. Then you will glue down one of the scored sections.
I used my template to decide which way to cut the designer series paper. In this case the florals were cut so that they run up the top of the pouch box. So the 4 3/4 inches side is the side and the 3 3/4 edge was the top of the paper.
The second scored section is glued in between the layers of the pouch box. This connects your top to the actual box.
To connect the lid with the box use multipurpose glue and glue down the flaps of the box. Be sure not to add glue to the section that makes the pouch. You will finish the pouch by glueing down each long fold as shown above.
Here is a picture of the inside of a completed pouch box!
Each of the card pouches will have four matching card on the very vanilla Notecard and envelopes. I also decorated the outside if the pouch boxes
Tomorrow I will share more about how I made these adorable little note cards.
- The colors used are Cajun Craze, Soft Sky, and Chocolate Chip
- The box is decorated with the linen thread, the Labels to Love stamp set (and everyday label punch) , and the heart in Coffee Café.
- The colors used are Cajun Craze, Daffodil Delight, and basic black
- The sentiment is from Merry Café. how fun is that sentiment. Bellow fall the pumpkin spice latte season
- The Daffodil Delight layer was added by making a second top to the pouch box then adding it to the original top. I did this as an afterthought so, I did have to cut one end down so it would fit
- The size of the mini version is made with 4 x 6 paper
- Scored at 1 inch and 4 inch and 3 inch on the short side (4 inch)
- Score at 2 3/4 inches and 3 1/4 inches on the long side (6 inch)
- I used the scalloped tag topper to make the ribbon slot at the top of the card
- The burnishing and glueing is the same as above. You just don’t have to add the top because it is held together by ribbon
Each of your comments makes me smile! Please, comment HERE.
The Holiday Catalog is here! I adore this catalog! I know you are loving it as much as I am! It is just full of awesomeness!!!
There is a super exciting stamp set available to all who place $300 order during September and October. Host a party or gather orders from your friends to reach your $300 order! You are going to want this exclusive stamp set! It is amazing!
Here is the supply list. If you have any questions about today’s card, products used, or Stampin’ Up! feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org