Work of Art and ink play
Over the weekend I get some time to create with the new InColors. Limon Lime Twist is quickly becoming a favorite! As is Tranquil Tide. Once in a while a new ink pad will have to much ink on the surface. I will use a Princeton mini Catalyst to remove some of the extra ink. You could also use a bone folder or a spatula. The fun thing about using a catalys is that you can then slather the ink onto paper to make a cool background.
Painters Pallet stamp set is super fun!!! And pairs so well with this type of abstract background.
I really have enjoyed using the sentaments in this set!!! They are so fun and fresh… I love the splashes of paint and the little splatter dots….
The backgrounds are quick and simple…just spread ink around on the shimmery white card stock. I used Tranquil Tide, Limon Lime Twist, and Bermuda Bay. After spreading the ink around I added splatter dots in Flirty Flamingo.
- The edges of the background layer are embedded with silver embossing powder. To do this, just run the edges of your paper across your versa mark ink pad. Then add embossing powder and heat set it. Do this at least twice…
- The black background frames the card and makes the sentiment pop!
This technique works wonderfully on envelopes as well. How fun is that!!!
The secone card shows a easy way to step up this technique!
- By adding a square with the sentament it makes the card have depth.
- The paint swatch stamp makes the sentament square and the background mesh
- It is hard to see in the pictures. But, the shimmery white paper really adds a lot of shine to the background
These cards were fun and easy to make. They remind me of abstract art. And the Painters Pallet Stamp Set has just the right extra touches to make a very special one of a kind card.
Each of your comments makes me smile! Please, comment HERE.
The Easter Places stamp set is available NOW!!! In exclusive bundles. The Clearance rack is stocked and Retiring Products are still available!!!!
Paper Pumpkin is where Creativity starts!!! Exclusive paper crafting kits delivered to your door once a month!!! Use promo code STARTHERE for 25% off your first three months
Thanks gor stoping by! I hope each of you have a wonderful Tuesday!
peace and much love-