I love my Stampin’ Up! friends. The Inking Royalty (Brian Kings group) community is such a wonderful place. It is full of people who encourages the creative processes. And the community is so willing to share ideas and techniques with each other. I just love the positive creative world of Royals. I’m telling you all this because, the other day Ann (a fellow Inking Royalty) sent me a card idea! I was super excited about the idea that we decided to collaborate on the card together. I happened to have the Halloween paper to make the card special. And she didn’t. So she sent me the idea!!! I just wanted to take a moment and thank Ann for sharing her amazing creative ideas with me! I love Ann’s work.
The stamp set We used was the This Little Piggie. This adorable set is full of little piggies flying, dancing and having fun!!!
How happy is that piggie with the flower or the flying pig! I just love these little pigs. We decided to pare the pig with the Spooky Nights designer series paper. This paper is full of fun card, witches hats, and festive patterns
This paper is very Classic Halloween! The cats are the perfect size to be punched with the Cat Punch. The pumpkins and hats are wonderful fussy cut out!
Is this not the most wonderful idea ever!!! I am so lucky my friend, Ann share her amazing vision with me!
- The background is Daniel Smith watercolors that are a Genuine. So I used a variety of colors and did two layers of watercolor. The colors are Sugilite, Purpurite, Kyanite, Fuchsite, Hematite Violet. After this dried I added splatter of mica gold ink and white gouache
- The moon is Daffodil Delight and Crushed Curry with mica gold ink on top. The watercolor was punched with a 2 inch circle punch
- The sweet pig was watercolored with Powder Pink, Flirty Flamingo, and Smokey Slate
- The broom is made from the straw in the Coffee Café set. I know, I told y’all I use it all the time. And I do. Even to make brooms. For the bristles of the broom, I took a tassel with out the loop and glued it to the broom handle (the loop on the tassel was easy to pry open with needle nose pliers
- The last thing was to pick out a hat. Witch was fussy cut from the Spooky Nights Designer Series Paper
So, I was lying in bed thinking about the card and wondering how I could make this with just Stampin’ Up! products. Not everyone is as addicted to Daniel Smith watercolor as I am. Anyway, this is what I came up with …
- The watercolor is Fresh Fig, Berry Bliss, Cajun Craze, Night of Navy, and Pool Party ink refills. I put each color in a small flat dish added a drop or two of Wink of Stella and a few drops of water to each color.
- Then I added splashes of craft ink that had been watered down a bit
- The gold was made by watering down a little multipurpose glue and splattering on to the paper. Then adding glitter on top. You want to do this after the watercolor has completely dried. Trust me …I know
- The moon is Daffodil Delight and Crushed Curry. Then I added in some Gold Wink of Stella
- The rest of the card is the same!
The card is a A2 card size which is 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 inches. And the layers are as follows. Buy the way, the mini tassels are on Sale right now in the Clarence Rack for $3. It is such a great deal!!
- Card base is Fresh Fig cut at 5 1/2 inches and scored/ burnished at 4 1/4 inches. The total size of the paper should be 5 1/2 inches by 8 1/2 inches
- The Basic Black Layer is 5 1/8 inches by 3 7/8 inches
- The Watercolor Paper is 5 inches by 3 3/4 inches
How stinking cute is Ann’s flying Halloween pig!!! I personally can’t decided which I like better. I think I love the both!
This is what I want you to take away from this experiment. That if you see a card that is watercolored with certain products from other companies. This does not mean that you can’t make something similar with just Stampin’ Up! Ink Refills. They are awesome to work with. I love my watercolors and have many sets. I use them all. But, not everyone does. So, use what you have. You may have to get creative. But, normally that’s where the fun is!!!
Each of your comments makes me smile! Please, comment HERE.
The Holiday Catalog is here! I adore this catalog! I know you are loving it as much as I am! It is just full of awesomeness!!!
There is a super exciting stamp set available to all who place $300 order during September and October. Host a party or gather orders from your friends to reach your $300 order! You are going to want this exclusive stamp set! It is amazing!
Here is the supply list. If you have any questions about today’s card, products used, or Stampin’ Up! feel free to email me at email@example.com