We have many New and Wonderful stamp set with the Annual Catalog and up coming Holiday Catalog. It would be really easy to forget about the amazing stamps we already had… I don’t want them to get lonely. So make sure you get them inky from time to time! I decided to us my Watercolor Wings stamp set today. For this very reason. It had been a while sence the stamps has seen ink and they were feeling a little left out! That’s just no good. So, I gave them a little love with two challenges today. The SU!Only Challenge and The Fab. Friday Challenge. The Fab. Friday has a great sketch challenge going on right now!
The SU!Only Challenge is featuring butterflies and dragonflies. How fun is that!!
Earley in the week was the Inking Royalty Blog Hop. Lynn Kolcun featured a card that uses Stampin’ Up! ink refills on a gel plate to create a fun background. She had cased the technique from Lydia at Understand Blue. So, now I’m CASEing both of them. What fun!!!
Watercolor Wings is one of those stamp sets that I just love! It makes it so easy to make pretty butterflies by layering the stamps!
The butterflies in this set are gorgeous. The stamp I use the most is the little dots in a row! I love this set so much and those dots!!.
- The panel that looks like watercolor is glossy white paper , inks, and a pressed with the gel plate. Very similar to watercolor smooching. I used Marina Mist, Pool Party, and Lemon Lime Twist
- After doing the gel plate technique I added some ink spatters in Tranquil Tide and Smoky Slate. Using my markers to flick color onto the card
- The colors for the butterfly are Daffodil Delight, Powder Pink, and Calypso Coral.
- The ribbon is New in the Holiday Catalog! 5/8″ burlap ribbon
- The sequins are from the iridescent mix
- The Pool Party layer is embossed with the polka dot basics embossing folder
Each of your comments makes me smile! Please, comment HERE.
The envelope was given a little love as well. Using the small butterfly and the dots I love so much!
The Holiday Catalog goes live on September 1st!! If you would like a copy just let me know via email. I will be happy to send you one!
The Carols of Christmas Early Release is now available for you to purchase. You are going to love this set so much. It is my must have from the Holiday Catalog. It is amazing!!! So very easy to use and just simply perfect!!! It will remind you of why you love stamping in the first place. The stamp set pairs with the Card front builder dies! These dies rock!!!! They will make every Holiday Card sing in glory!!!!
There is a Paper Pumpkin sale going on and it is pretty sweet! This is definitely the time to join!!!
Here is the supply list. If you have any questions about today’s card, products used, or Stampin’ Up! feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for stoping by! I hope you will take time to stop by both challenge and check out the work of the design teams! Happy Saturday my friends!
Peace and crafty happyness-
Today is rainy here in North Alabama. It is one of those dreary winter day’s that makes you long to feel the sun’s warmth. So gray and gummy…. As the blues set in here. The Pals Paper Arts has just the color combination to help bring us back from the blues. This is a beautiful Spring color combination of Old Olive, Calypso Coral, and Lost Lagoon. Kathy McGloin really out did herself!!!!
Brian over at Stamp with Brian made a beautiful butterfly card using Paper Placing. This is a fun technique that Brian warns Do not make this card!!! Loving his results, I had to give it a try! Some ideas just roll around in my head until they come spilling out.
I cut the striped scallop thinlits die with Calypso Coral card stock and was looking at it with Lost Lagoon and Old Olive when I remembered Brian’s card!!!!
What I did was cut the Striped Scallop Thinlist Dies with each color, Calypso Coral, Lost Lagoon, and Old Olive. Saving all the pieces. The second step was to glue the frame to a piece of whisper white card stock. Then just simply glue the extra pieces in place. The final step of the panel was to cut it down to show no white.
Layers, Layers, Layers!!! The more layers I added to this card really made it shine. It also really lends to different sentiments and placement for a clean card! The Thanks is adorable on the Wash tape punch!
The card base is a little different size. It is 5 by 4. So to make this size card just simply cut a sheet of card stock to 8 by 5. Score at 4 inches on the 8 inch side. The inside panel with the Striped Scalloped Die is 3 1/2 by 4 1/2.
The card base for the small thank you card is 3 3/4 by 4 1/2 . To make this size of card cut a sheet of card stock to 7 1/2 by 4 1/2 inches. Then score at 3 3/4 inches.
The three sentiments are from Helping Me Grow, Number of Years, and Watercolor Wings stamp sets.
Here is the supply list:
Thank You for stopping by Westside Paper Creations! Tomorrow is the InKing Royalty blog hop so be sure to stop back by!
The Fab Friday group of Stampers are back with another great challenge for us. This challenge is a color challenge that uses Lost Lagoon, Blackberry Bliss, and Mossy Meadow. Now, if you read yesterday’s post you may be thinking that these colors are familiar. And, yes they are the colors in the Christmas Card from yesterday. But, that card had been designed several weeks ago. So I wanted to come up with a new card that was completely different for this Challenge. I wanted to challenge myself and play along with the talented design team over at Fab Friday. Check out all the great cards by the Fab Friday Design Team.
This is the banner for the Fab Friday Challenge:
So, today’s card is for a college roommate. Nan and I try to have dinner every so often. I have missed the last two secluded dinner meeting for one reason or the other. I decided that it was time to tell her hello and that I am so sorry for bailing out! I hope we get to catch up soon and that she know I miss her. Along with my other roommate. I need to make them a card also. We all have such busy lives it is hard to keep in touch. I note is a great little way to say, “I’m thinking of you” or “I miss you”. Friends are so important in life. It’s nice to know that we can still connect with long time friends.
Here is my Card:This card is a clean and simple one layer card. That really depends on a great color scheme to bring the card together. I Love the simple scripted hello. It is from the new Greetings thinlits. In the greetings thinlits you get three scriped words hello, thanks, and cheers. You may recognize the dot’s from Tuesday’s post. They are the dots from Watercolor Wings. I told you that I love dot’s and that you would be seeing more of them…..I’m sure this still holds true….More dot’s are yet to come.
Here are the details of today’s card:
- My card base is from the note card and envelope pack. I truly like this size of card.
- Stamp the dots in Mossy Meadow, Lost Lagoon, and Blackberry Bliss
- Using Mossy Meadow card stock cut out the hello thinlit with the Big Shot machine. A little tip…When using thinlits and detail dies if you put a piece of parchment paper between the card stock and the die . The card stock will come apart from the die much easier.
- Adhere the hello to the card base. I did this using a sticker maker by xyron. (not a Stampin’ Up! product but, still great) Maybe, one day they will start carrying this great product. it is perfect for small die cuts such as this hello.
That’s it. So simple and clean. Now if you really want to make your card stand out. Remember to decorate your envelope. I went slightly over board with my envelope decorating. I like it though. And my friend Nan will know that I miss seeing her.
Here is today’s supply list:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
Thank You for stopping by Westside Paper Creations. Remember to check out all the great designs by the Fab Friday Challenge Team and others playing along with them at Fab Friday.
Have a great Thursday. I hope to meet you back here tomorrow. Be Fabulous :>
I created this card specifically for the Fab Friday card challenge. I have been fallowing the design team’s creations for quite a while now. I am excited to be finally participating in on of the challenges. The design team created great cards for lots of inspiration. So, take time and visit Fab Friday . The challenge was to create a card using the new “In Colors” from Stampin’ Up! Here is the banner for the challenge.
The new In Colors are amazing!!! Mint Macaron, Watermelon Wonder, and Tip Top Taupe are quickly becoming favorite colors. I decided to pair this color combination with the Watercolor Wings stamp set. Watercolor Wings is a two step stamp set witch allows for layering of color.
This is what you get with the Watercolor Wings Stamp Set. The Stamp Set is Photopolymer witch makes the two step stamping really easy because you can see exactly where the stamp goes. When using Photopolymer stamps you will need the clear stamp blocks. This set requires block sizes A,D,E, & G
And here is the card I create with Watercolor Wings
Here are the details:
- My background is the stamped with the dots from Watercolor Wings in three different colors (Mint Macaron, Watermelon Wonder, and Delightful Dijon) on a note card from the Note Card and Envelope pack
- The Butterfly was stamped with the solid wing stamp in Delightful Dijon stamped off once (stamping off is a technique to get a lighter version of a desired color. Simply ink your stamp/ stamp it once on scrap paper/ stamp it again on the paper you are going to use) Then I went back and stamped over the wings in Delightful Dijon with the outer wing stamp. Finally, I stamped the inside of the wings in Watermelon Wonder. This type stamping give lots of depth to a stamped image. Using the Big Shot machine I cut out the butterfly using the Bold Butterfly Framelits. Finally I added the body to the middle of the butterfly in Tip Top Taupe. All of this was done on the Thick Whisper White Card Stock
- My Essential tool is my bone folder witch I used to curl the wings of the butterfly before gluing (I use Tombow Multi Liquid Glue almost exclusively) him down. When gluing the butterfly only glue the middle (body) of the butterfly to the paper. This will give the butterfly life and much needed depth on the card base. Don’t forget to add the antenna to your butterfly after gluing him down.
- Finally in the bottom right corner I stamped “Just for You” in Tip Top Taupe. I had to stamp it twice to get the dark color I desired. But, this was not hard when using photopolyer stamps
- I wanted to make this card extra special so I decorated the outside of the card. Using the same color combination I stamped the dots on the back envelope flap and a row of Mint Macarone dots on the front of the envelope. Finally, I stamped Just for You on the outside of the card just above the Mint Macarone dots.
I am really pleased with how this card turned out!!!! It is a very happy card and shows the versatility of the new In Colors. Make sure to stop by the Fab Friday to look at everyone’s great cards. I hope they inspire you as much as they have me.
On a side note, If you have not checked out the Thick Whisper White Cardstock then you must. It is perfect for card bases and so much more. It really holds up to the test when using the bone folder. Such as in today’s card. It is truly a great addition to the Stampin’ Up! collection of cardstock. You will not regret having it in your crafting supplies as it is sure to become a go to paper, as it has for me.
Don’t forget to check your bundles when ordering. The Watercolor Wings is available in a bundle with the Bold Butterfly Framelits witch is a 15% discount!!!!
If you have any questions regarding today’s card, Stampin’ Up!, or stamping in general please use the form below to contact me. I am always here for you!!! Thank you for taking the time to read my words. I always hope to encourage you on your creative journey!!!!