Hello friends! I’m so happy to be joking the Blogging Friends Blog Hop! This is my first month hopping with this group of creative stampers and bloggers! This month we are celebrating Sale-A-Bration with a CASE the Designer Hop! We are all CASEing our friend Laura Borchert of Laura’s Stamp Pad! She designed a wonderful card using products from Sale-A-Bration!
I really liked the purple and black combination with the pop of yellow! And the fact that she made use of the black and white paper that is part of Sale-A-Bration is even better! This got me excited to use this color combination with the black and white paper! I really wanted to use the tea-pot set from the Tea Together stamp set!
The coordinating dies for the Tea Together stamp set is Free with a 100 dollar purchase during Sale-A-Bration
This card has been in my mind for several weeks! I just kinda let it mull around up there while I was doing other things. So, I was figuring out how to incorporate the butterflies, and I really thought it would be great to have them on the tea-pot some how. That’s when I chose to use the itty bitty butterflies in the Beauty Abounds Stamp Set
And like I already said, I was super excited that Laura used the black and white paper that is part of the Botanical Butterfly Designer Series Paper . I love the black and white patterns in this paper. Especially the dots and the strip pattern!! Needless to say, I was definitely using this paper!!
So, I knew the elements I wanted to use! Now, just how to combine them into a card???? Well, this is where you need to know that I have challenged myself in improving my card scene building skills. In my mind I envisioned a wood table with the tea-pot, cups, and wallpaper for the background.
- The first thing was to create the wood table. I did this using Stampin’ Blends. I basically used every brown . Both crumb cake, both soft suede, and bronze.
- After stamping the tea-pot, I masked everything but the belly. Then stamped the butterflies. At this point, I decided I didn’t like the think lines of the butterflies. So, I colored a solid purple. (While working on this version of the card I was also working on a one layer version. Anyway, I had masked the tea-pot and cups. And decided to color it even though the pot had butterflies on it. It was at this point, I decided I liked the butterflies!!!!)
- The Tea pot and cups are colored using the Highland Heather, Mango Melody, and Calypso Coral Stampin’ Blends
- After everything was colored, I used the die cuts to cut them out
- The sentiment is from another Sale-A-Bration product. The Part of My Story Stamp Set
- The final step was to put the card together. This card is a 5 x 7. To make this size card you need to cut your card stock to 7 x 10. Then score at 5 on the long side!
Each of your comments makes me smile! Please, comment HERE.
Well, that’s it! I hope you enjoyed my take on Laura’s card! If you would like to see my progress on the one layer version of this card check out my Instagram for progress! I hope you will continue to hop along!!
Have a great day! Go and Be creative my friends!