We have many New and Wonderful stamp set with the Annual Catalog and up coming Holiday Catalog. It would be really easy to forget about the amazing stamps we already had… I don’t want them to get lonely. So make sure you get them inky from time to time! I decided to us my Watercolor Wings stamp set today. For this very reason. It had been a while sence the stamps has seen ink and they were feeling a little left out! That’s just no good. So, I gave them a little love with two challenges today. The SU!Only Challenge and The Fab. Friday Challenge. The Fab. Friday has a great sketch challenge going on right now!
The SU!Only Challenge is featuring butterflies and dragonflies. How fun is that!!
Earley in the week was the Inking Royalty Blog Hop. Lynn Kolcun featured a card that uses Stampin’ Up! ink refills on a gel plate to create a fun background. She had cased the technique from Lydia at Understand Blue. So, now I’m CASEing both of them. What fun!!!
Watercolor Wings is one of those stamp sets that I just love! It makes it so easy to make pretty butterflies by layering the stamps!
The butterflies in this set are gorgeous. The stamp I use the most is the little dots in a row! I love this set so much and those dots!!.
- The panel that looks like watercolor is glossy white paper , inks, and a pressed with the gel plate. Very similar to watercolor smooching. I used Marina Mist, Pool Party, and Lemon Lime Twist
- After doing the gel plate technique I added some ink spatters in Tranquil Tide and Smoky Slate. Using my markers to flick color onto the card
- The colors for the butterfly are Daffodil Delight, Powder Pink, and Calypso Coral.
- The ribbon is New in the Holiday Catalog! 5/8″ burlap ribbon
- The sequins are from the iridescent mix
- The Pool Party layer is embossed with the polka dot basics embossing folder
Each of your comments makes me smile! Please, comment HERE.
The envelope was given a little love as well. Using the small butterfly and the dots I love so much!
The Holiday Catalog goes live on September 1st!! If you would like a copy just let me know via email. I will be happy to send you one!
The Carols of Christmas Early Release is now available for you to purchase. You are going to love this set so much. It is my must have from the Holiday Catalog. It is amazing!!! So very easy to use and just simply perfect!!! It will remind you of why you love stamping in the first place. The stamp set pairs with the Card front builder dies! These dies rock!!!! They will make every Holiday Card sing in glory!!!!
There is a Paper Pumpkin sale going on and it is pretty sweet! This is definitely the time to join!!!
Here is the supply list. If you have any questions about today’s card, products used, or Stampin’ Up! feel free to email me at [email protected]