I created this card specifically for the Fab Friday card challenge. I have been fallowing the design team’s creations for quite a while now. I am excited to be finally participating in on of the challenges. The design team created great cards for lots of inspiration. So, take time and visit Fab Friday . The challenge was to create a card using the new “In Colors” from Stampin’ Up! Here is the banner for the challenge.
The new In Colors are amazing!!! Mint Macaron, Watermelon Wonder, and Tip Top Taupe are quickly becoming favorite colors. I decided to pair this color combination with the Watercolor Wings stamp set. Watercolor Wings is a two step stamp set witch allows for layering of color.
This is what you get with the Watercolor Wings Stamp Set. The Stamp Set is Photopolymer witch makes the two step stamping really easy because you can see exactly where the stamp goes. When using Photopolymer stamps you will need the clear stamp blocks. This set requires block sizes A,D,E, & G
And here is the card I create with Watercolor Wings
Here are the details:
- My background is the stamped with the dots from Watercolor Wings in three different colors (Mint Macaron, Watermelon Wonder, and Delightful Dijon) on a note card from the Note Card and Envelope pack
- The Butterfly was stamped with the solid wing stamp in Delightful Dijon stamped off once (stamping off is a technique to get a lighter version of a desired color. Simply ink your stamp/ stamp it once on scrap paper/ stamp it again on the paper you are going to use) Then I went back and stamped over the wings in Delightful Dijon with the outer wing stamp. Finally, I stamped the inside of the wings in Watermelon Wonder. This type stamping give lots of depth to a stamped image. Using the Big Shot machine I cut out the butterfly using the Bold Butterfly Framelits. Finally I added the body to the middle of the butterfly in Tip Top Taupe. All of this was done on the Thick Whisper White Card Stock
- My Essential tool is my bone folder witch I used to curl the wings of the butterfly before gluing (I use Tombow Multi Liquid Glue almost exclusively) him down. When gluing the butterfly only glue the middle (body) of the butterfly to the paper. This will give the butterfly life and much needed depth on the card base. Don’t forget to add the antenna to your butterfly after gluing him down.
- Finally in the bottom right corner I stamped “Just for You” in Tip Top Taupe. I had to stamp it twice to get the dark color I desired. But, this was not hard when using photopolyer stamps
- I wanted to make this card extra special so I decorated the outside of the card. Using the same color combination I stamped the dots on the back envelope flap and a row of Mint Macarone dots on the front of the envelope. Finally, I stamped Just for You on the outside of the card just above the Mint Macarone dots.
I am really pleased with how this card turned out!!!! It is a very happy card and shows the versatility of the new In Colors. Make sure to stop by the Fab Friday to look at everyone’s great cards. I hope they inspire you as much as they have me.
On a side note, If you have not checked out the Thick Whisper White Cardstock then you must. It is perfect for card bases and so much more. It really holds up to the test when using the bone folder. Such as in today’s card. It is truly a great addition to the Stampin’ Up! collection of cardstock. You will not regret having it in your crafting supplies as it is sure to become a go to paper, as it has for me.
Don’t forget to check your bundles when ordering. The Watercolor Wings is available in a bundle with the Bold Butterfly Framelits witch is a 15% discount!!!!
If you have any questions regarding today’s card, Stampin’ Up!, or stamping in general please use the form below to contact me. I am always here for you!!! Thank you for taking the time to read my words. I always hope to encourage you on your creative journey!!!!