I am playing along with the Pal’s Paper Arts today! They have another great challenge for us. I would like to encourage all of you to play along also. You can upload your card to gallery (such as splitcost stampers) to link back to Pal’s Paper Arts. Playing along with challenges is a great way to keep your creative juices flowing. I really enjoy color challenges. And this week Pal’s Paper Arts bring us a unique color combination just in time for fall. We are still a few weeks away. But, even here in Alabama we can see the leaves are beginning to change colors. (uggg….It’s a little early for this….But it’s happening)
After using this color combination it is truly wonderful…
When first looking at this color combination I was not sure exactly what I wanted to create. Advintually, landed on a fall sean. Sheltering Tree makes this so easy.
Sheltering Tree is a photopolymer stamp set. Photopolymer stamps are wonderful mainly because they make it so easy to line up everything. Stampin’ Up! makes the best photopolymer stamps out there. I truly adore the font used for the sentiments. I use the “thankful for you” and the “thinking of you” all the time!!!!
Here are the Details:
- The card base is Delightful Dijon card stock cut at 4 3/4 inches and scored at 5 1/2
- The layers are Old Olive (4 1/2 by 4 1/2), Cajun Craze (4 1/4 by 4 1/4) , Shimmery White (4 by 4) I tried to use Whisper White and thick Whisper White card stocks. But, I kept messing up and landed on the Shimmery White. Any of these card stocks will work. Though I really would stay away from the thick card stock. For me it does not respond well to water.
- On the Shimmery White card stock use a Aqua Painter and color on the grass in Old Olive. Add some touches of Cajun Craze and Delightful Dijon. Let this completely dry before continuing stamping. One of my many tires I was a little impatient and everything was blurred!!!!!
- Stamp the tree trunk image in Cajun Craze.
- Stamp the “leaves” in Old Olive. Then stamp the leaves in Delightful Dijon (stamp off once and spritz’s with water before stamping, also let the stamp set a few seconds on the paper) Finally, stamp the leaves in Cajun Craze (stamping off twice and spritzing with water. This should be a quick stamping)
- Add clumps of grass using the grass stamp and Old Olive ink
- Add the Sentiment with Cajun Craze ink
- Adhere the layers together using multipurpose glue. Use Stampin’ Dimentionals between the Old Olive and Cajun Craze layers to add depth
Thank You for stopping by Westside Paper Creations. Remember to hop over to Pal’s Paper Arts and see all the great creations by the design team and by those playing along (like Me) I would love to see some of my friends playing along also.