Today is the Blogging Friends hop! We are celebrating Summer! The theme is Summer Lovin’…you got it right out of my favorite childhood movie Grease. So, of course, I had to make a beach card for today hop!
I had a bunch of ideas floating around in my head. One was to recreate the mood of the first scene in Grease. You know Danny and Sandy on the beach…
To create my scene I decided to do some watercolor. For the watercolor, I just had to use the new Pigment Sprinkles. Along with the new sprinkles, I used a few of the ink refills as watercolor. I just have to say, the new Pigment Sprinkles are so very vibrant!!!!
After picking what medium I was going to use for the background, I had to decide what stamps and dies to use! My first choice was the Friend Like You bundle! I knew that the palm tree die was a must.
This bundle makes my heart so happy!!! There are so many things to love! The palm trees for one! The cattails (I have always loved cattails) Then you have awesome dies that can create really cool outdoor silhouettes.
- The first thing I did was to sprinkle out some pigment powders into a pallet. Then I added some water to make the fluid.
- I watercolors the water using Blueberry Bushel ink refill and the Bermuda Bay pigment sprinkle.
- As the water dried. I started working on the sky, using Daffodil Delight and Mango Melody pigment sprinkles and the Calypso Coral ink refill.
- There is this little strip of blue sky. That was created with Smoky Slate and really watered down Bermuda Bay.
- The specs of yellow on the water were a happy accident. At one point I tried sprinkling some Daffodil Delight pigment. And now we have a reflection of light…
- The palm trees are pieced together from several leftover pigment powder test.
I completely hope you will give the Pigment powders a try! They really make beautiful backgrounds and can be used for so many different ideas.
Each of your comments makes me smile! Please, comment HERE.
Thank you for stopping by! I sure hope you hop along to see what everyone is creating today to celebrate Summer Lovin’ And just in case your not already singing Summer Nights in your head…
Peace my creative friends-