Larger Than Life Notecards and CASEing
Today’s card was a CASEed card from fellow Stampin’ Up! demonstrator Susan Itell. She has a great blog that everyone should check out. When I am looking for inspiration her blog is one of the first ones I check out. I love her clean and simple style. Now, before I show you Susan’s card or my own card. I would like to tell you a little about CASE. CASE stands for Copy And Share Everything. This being said, I do believe in giving credit where credit is due. So when you CASE a card it is only right to give the person who inspired the card credit. This may be as simple as a layout of a card you just loved, the colors spoke to you, or you may just love the card and want to CASE it from beginning to end. Witch ever remember to give the origin of the idea credit. In the case of Today’s card, Susuan had a beautiful card she made back on June 7th. I just loved the idea of using the Larger Than Life Alphabet for initials. She is just so smart!!!
Here is her card:
I just love the card Susan Itell created. Make sure to check out her blog to see more about her card!!! Step it up Sunday! – Simple Stampin
Here is my card:
This card is a prime example of CASEing. I pulled elements from Susan’s original card. Yet, my card is all its own. This is part of what is so fun about CASEing, finding inspiration, and then making it all your own. And just because I changed it up a bit, does not mean that Susan doesn’t deserve the credit for the idea. This card was defiantly inspired by her Step it up Sunday! Card. And Susan deserves all the credit!!! Thank you for the great idea :> Now, I am going to move on off my soap box….
Here are the key’s to making this card
- The paper: I used a variety of the new Designer Series Paper. Pick a pattern that you really like. Then pick two coordinating colors. Stampin’ Up! has made this really easy by adding coordinating cardstock packs for most of the Designer Series Paper
- cut your card base at 5 1/2 inches and score it at 4 1/4 inches.
- Then cut the solid panel ( 5 1/4 inches by 4 inches)
- Cut the Designer Series Paper (5 inches by 3 3/4 inches). You should get 6 of theses from one sheet of Designer Series Paper that is 12 x 12
- Using your Big Shot machine and the Lots of Labels Framelits cut the two panels. One for your letter. And one to go behind the letter.
- Stamp your letter in the same color as your card base. Use this color for the base of the “label” also. This will tie the whole project together.
- I also used Stampin’ Dimensionals to add some dimension between layers.
- Remember to play around with the design. Each card came out different because ever letter fit onto the “label” differently. I think each one of the cards brings its own personality to the forefront.
The Larger Than Life Alphabet & Numbers stamp set has so many different uses. I think though, this is my favorite so far!!!