So life has been a little crazy. The “other” has been sick. Work has been wild. And messed up internet services. Has kept me away from you guys for a few days! I’m happy to be back sharing with you today….
I am a technique junkie. Love trying new techniques and revisiting an old technique. The Shaving Cream marbling Technique has been around for quite a while. But, recently it has made a reappearance. One of those everything old is new again things… This technique is loads of fun!! It contains just the right amount of messy! There are may ways of doing this technique. I experimented with using catalyst to pick up colors and placing them in specific areas for the marbling look. I also made some just single colored marbled paper. After I was done making my paper. I set out to make a few cards. If you fallow my Instagram then you have seen a few sneak peeks of Christmas cards using the paper I made. You can find me @westsidepaper This month I am filling my Instagram with Christmas in July. Each day I’m making a new Christmas Card.
I love soft color combinations. And this technique lends itself well to soft colors because often you will achieve a muted look especially when using a catalyst. For today’s cards I used Soft Sky, Daffodil Delight, and Lemon Lime Twist. Daffodil Delight and Lemon Lime Twist are not necessarily soft colors. But, they become muted versions of themselves when marbling.
I have been working on my college abilities.
I love the layers of texture you can create with just stamps. This was the perfect opportunity to practice!!
- After marbling the paper I added very thin layer of embossing paste in certain areas to create even more texture and depth of color
- The next step was to add the college elements with versa mark and embossing powder or color ink and clear embossing powder. The specks are just stamped in peekaboo peach
- The stamps for the college came from two sets Hello Friend and Touches of Textures
- Finally adding the fussy cut hello
The second card I decided to keep quite simple!
Just adding a few elements to help the background shine❤
- These soft colors really work well for sympathy cards. They just seem soothing
- The Rose Wonder Stamp Set and Rose Garden Dies has some amazing elements that are perfect for clean and simple cards
- The silver thread adds just a little touch of shimmer
Each of your comments makes me smile! Please, comment HERE.
Here’s one more look at today’s cards. Also, if you would like to see bolder marbling check out this post.
I would love for you to join my team. My stamping friends are the best. When you join under me not only do you get to be apart of my team. But, you will also be a member of the InKing Royalty! The best stamping community around!!! Stampin’ Up! has a great July Join event going on!!! So want you join me now???? If you have any questions about Stampin’ Up! or Joining Now, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join in July, get Free products!!! Everyone who joins in July will receive the Carols for Christmas stamp set. Don’t know that set???? It is bran new for the Holiday Catalog!!! You also get the Essentials Gift Pack. This pack includes paper snips, grid paper, snail adhesive, a bone folder, and two D stampin’ blocks. Exclusive to Christmas in July!!