I am happy to be posting again after having been under the weather last week. It was quite a adventure after almost passing out in the grocery store! Thank goodness Mike was with me and could save the day….Literately, take me to a chair and sit me down. Then take me to the car (basically carrying me). I had to sit on the curb to wait for him. I was so week. This is what happens when you get the dreaded stomach bug. I of course was very dehydrated. The doc. gave me some great med that made me sleep for about 24 hours. It took several days of water, Gaterade, and chicken soup but I am all better. If you are wondering the green apple Gaterade taste just like a jolly rancher. But, I am left with a wondering thought about how they make it so green!!! (The things that make you go Hummm)
On Saturday, I tried to move about a bit and this was the results of the effort. Every Blessing is a wonderful stamp set from the Annual Catalog.
The paper used is Winter Wonderland from the Holiday Catalog. When I finally got this paper in my hands two things struck me. How wonderfully different this paper was. The combination of back, gold, and white is just wonderful. It has a great shine about it that speaks to the specialty of the Holiday Season. The second was how one particular sheet looked so much like the night sky constellations.
Is it just so Shinny and Bright!!!
The sentiment is from Versatile Christmas in the Holiday Catalog. This is a must have set if you are planning on making Christmas Cards. Because it is full of sentiments many of witch can be used inside a card or on the outside. I only used part of a sentiment stamp. By masking off the part I was no going to use. This allowed me to only ink the part of the stamp I was going to use. Then I removed the mask before stamping.
Here are the details:
- The card base is Basic Black card stock cut at 5 1/2 inches and scored at 4 1/4 inches
- The layers are Whisper White (5 3/8 by 4 1/8), Winter Wonderland Specialty Designer Series Paper ( 5 1/4 by 4)
- The strips are Basic Black( 5 1/4 by 3/4) and Whisper White(5 1/4 by 1)
- On the Winter Wonderland layer stamp the image in Versa Mark ink and sprinkle with the gold embossing powder. Heat set the image. Before stamping make sure to use the embossing buddy so the powder does not stick to unwanted surfaces on the paper.
- Adhere the black and white strips together then add a layer of gold thread.
- Stamp the sentiment from Versatile Christmas in Versa Mark ink and sprinkle with gold embossing powder. Heat set the sentiment. Again be sure to use the embossing buddy before stamping. I masked off the with you so it would not show when stamped.
- Add the sentiment to a Whisper White layer
- All that is left is adhering everything together. I used multipurpose glue for this task.
Thank You for stopping by Westside Paper Creations. It is truly great to be back up and about with you guys. I hope everyone had a great weekend and that their Monday is good as any Monday can be. If you have any questions or comments about today’s creation or stamping in general leave a comment in the comment section below. I would love to know what you thought about today’s card.
Here is the supply list
Jennifer Read More
Saturday was our monthly Christmas Card Class. We had a great time creating today’s card. I just totally enjoyed the day with a great group of women. They had so much fun creating their Christmas Cards. The next class will be on August 29th. For more information about this class please visit the Events page. I a looking forward to sharing more about this upcoming event in the near future. So, stay tune….
The stamp set we used was Every Blessing. It is a great image of the shepherds and star. Also, two saying are included in the stamp set. We used the colors Mossy Meadow, Blackberry Bliss, and Lost Lagoon. They are all In Colors for 2014-2016. I seem to always stay out of Mossy Meadow card stock. (aka a fave.) The design for this card seemed to take several turns before landing. At the beginning I was using Smokey Slate and Whisper White to create a long card. As you can see, the final outcome is very different. I so love the creative process. How one Idea metamorphoses into something completely different.
Here is the Stamp Set
Here is the Card:
Here are the details of today’s card:
- Mossy Meadow card stock cut at 9 inches by 4 1/2 inches. Then scored at 4 1/2 inches. This will give you a card that is 4 1/2 by 4 1/2. Make sure to use the bone folder and burnish the scored line for a crisp fold.
- Then using watercolor paper cut to 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 and taped down wash lost lagoon and mossy meadow. I use reinkers , a glass lid, paint brush, and a jar of water for this process. Place a few drops of reinker into the glass lid and using a wet paint brush wash the color onto the watercolor paper. For this particular project I used dry watercolor paper and a little water mixed with the reinker. This process takes time. And most of the time is waiting for the ink to dry. (I’m so not that patient…but it is worth it)
- Stamp the image in Blackberry Bliss onto the watercolored background.
- Cut the background down to 4 inches by 3 7/8 inches
- Cut a piece of Blackberry Bliss card stock down to 3 3/4 inches by 3 1/4 inches
- Glue the Watercolored piece to the Blackberry Bliss using multipurpose glue. Then using dimensional add the panel to the Mossy Meadow card base.
- Finally, add the beautiful verse to the Mossy meadow card base. I did this in Blackberry Bliss ink and using the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig
That’s it!! I hope you enjoy making this card as much as I did. It is always fun to pull out the watercolor paper and make your own background. I hope you will join us in August for the Next Christmas Card Class. See You There!!!!!!!!
Card is process
In other news Stampin’ Up! has all new Weekly Deals. There are some great deals going on this week so don’t miss out!!! I just love the Satin Stitched Ribbon. Three different colors are on sale. Remember that weekly deals are limited quantities. I also truly love the Happy Patterns Decorative Mask. So check them out :>
All new Paper Pumpkin refills are available to current My Paper Pumpkin subscribers. If you are interested in a subscription check out the current promo
I would love to hear from you! If you have any questions about today’s card, Stampin’ Up!, or stamping in general please feel free to contact me.
Here is today’s card supply list:
Weeeee…we had lots of fun!!!!
That’s it for now. I hope everyone has a fabulous Wednesday! Thank You for visiting Westside Paper Creations.
Jennifer Read More