Every Blessing for July Christmas Card Class
Saturday was our monthly Christmas Card Class. We had a great time creating today’s card. I just totally enjoyed the day with a great group of women. They had so much fun creating their Christmas Cards. The next class will be on August 29th. For more information about this class please visit the Events page. I a looking forward to sharing more about this upcoming event in the near future. So, stay tune….
The stamp set we used was Every Blessing. It is a great image of the shepherds and star. Also, two saying are included in the stamp set. We used the colors Mossy Meadow, Blackberry Bliss, and Lost Lagoon. They are all In Colors for 2014-2016. I seem to always stay out of Mossy Meadow card stock. (aka a fave.) The design for this card seemed to take several turns before landing. At the beginning I was using Smokey Slate and Whisper White to create a long card. As you can see, the final outcome is very different. I so love the creative process. How one Idea metamorphoses into something completely different.
Here is the Stamp Set
Here is the Card:
Here are the details of today’s card:
- Mossy Meadow card stock cut at 9 inches by 4 1/2 inches. Then scored at 4 1/2 inches. This will give you a card that is 4 1/2 by 4 1/2. Make sure to use the bone folder and burnish the scored line for a crisp fold.
- Then using watercolor paper cut to 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 and taped down wash lost lagoon and mossy meadow. I use reinkers , a glass lid, paint brush, and a jar of water for this process. Place a few drops of reinker into the glass lid and using a wet paint brush wash the color onto the watercolor paper. For this particular project I used dry watercolor paper and a little water mixed with the reinker. This process takes time. And most of the time is waiting for the ink to dry. (I’m so not that patient…but it is worth it)
- Stamp the image in Blackberry Bliss onto the watercolored background.
- Cut the background down to 4 inches by 3 7/8 inches
- Cut a piece of Blackberry Bliss card stock down to 3 3/4 inches by 3 1/4 inches
- Glue the Watercolored piece to the Blackberry Bliss using multipurpose glue. Then using dimensional add the panel to the Mossy Meadow card base.
- Finally, add the beautiful verse to the Mossy meadow card base. I did this in Blackberry Bliss ink and using the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig
That’s it!! I hope you enjoy making this card as much as I did. It is always fun to pull out the watercolor paper and make your own background. I hope you will join us in August for the Next Christmas Card Class. See You There!!!!!!!!
In other news Stampin’ Up! has all new Weekly Deals. There are some great deals going on this week so don’t miss out!!! I just love the Satin Stitched Ribbon. Three different colors are on sale. Remember that weekly deals are limited quantities. I also truly love the Happy Patterns Decorative Mask. So check them out :>
All new Paper Pumpkin refills are available to current My Paper Pumpkin subscribers. If you are interested in a subscription check out the current promo
I would love to hear from you! If you have any questions about today’s card, Stampin’ Up!, or stamping in general please feel free to contact me.
Here is today’s card supply list:
Weeeee…we had lots of fun!!!!
That’s it for now. I hope everyone has a fabulous Wednesday! Thank You for visiting Westside Paper Creations.