Best Thoughts for Mojo Monday
It’s fun to be playing along in some blog challenges. Especially after fallowing some of them for inspiration and ideas for a while now. I am always inspired by what the creative team brings to Mojo Monday challenge. This weeks challenge is almost over and time for a new creation. But, you still have time to play along as I did. I love the challenge of creating a card from a sketch. Though, I find sketch challenges much harder than color challenges (well, so far that is) The Mojo Monday sketch was created by Julee. It is a Tall and Skinny sketch. This was a fun size to work with. Make sure to hop over to Mojo Monday to see all the great art that has been created using this sketch.
Here is the sketch for the Mojo Monday Challenge:
Here is my card created for the Mojo Monday Challenge
Her are the Details of today’s card:
- the card base is Marina Mist card stock cut to 3 1/2 by 11. And scored at 5 1/2. Use your bone folder to burnish the scored line.
- Cut a layer from Marina Mist card stock to 3 3/8 by 10 7/8 . Using the Elegant Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and the Big Shot emboss the layer. Glue this layer to the card base using multipurpose glue
- Cut a layer of Shimmery White card stock to 2 inches by 3 1/2 inches. On this layer use the dot from Garden in Bloom and Marina Mist to stamp dots onto the card stock.
- Cut a layer of Daffodil Delight card stock to 2 1/4 inches by 3 1/2 inches. Glue the doted layer to the Daffodil delight layer using multipurpose glue.
- Cut a layer of Shimmery White card stock to 4 inches by 2 3/4 inches. Stamp the large hydrangea from Best Thoughts stamp set in Staz On Jet Black Ink. Using the blender pen and the Marina Mist stamp pad color the hydrangea. I used Tip Top Taupe for the stem. But, any brown would work.
- Cut a layer of Daffodil Delight card stock to 4 1/4 inches by 3 inches. Glue the Shimmery White card stock to the Daffodil Delight layer using multipurpose glue. Also, glue this layer to the card base.
- On a scrap piece of Shimmery White card stock stamp the thanks and banner from Endless Thanks Stamp Set with Marina Mist ink. “Fussy Cut” the banner out. Glue the banner to the hydrangea layer using the…..You guessed it……Multipurpose glue. I used my bone folder to add a little curve to the banner. This add some dimension to the card.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to add the hydrangea layer to the card base.
- Finally, also on scrap Shimmery White card stock stamp the butterfly from Best Thoughts stamp set with Daffodil Delight ink. “Fussy Cut” the butterfly out. Use your bone folder to curl the wings. And glue it to the card.
The Shimmery White card stock is the perfect paper to use blender pins with. It just makes the color go on so nice and smooth. If you have not used this combination of tools. You should defiantly check it out!
If you would like to really make this card shine. Use the envelope punch board to make a special envelope for the card. I used Marina Myst card stock for the outside envelope. And Whisper White Envelop Paper stamped with the dot from Garden in Bloom stamp set to make the liner for my envelope.
Remember to hop over to Mojo Monday and check out all the great creations. I know you will like what you see. And there is still a little time left if you want to try your had at this great sketch by Julee. All the rules to play along are on the Mojo Monday page.
Thank you for stopping by Westside Paper Creations. I hope you have a blessed Sunday. See you again soon :>