I am happy to be posting again after having been under the weather last week. It was quite a adventure after almost passing out in the grocery store! Thank goodness Mike was with me and could save the day….Literately, take me to a chair and sit me down. Then take me to the car (basically carrying me). I had to sit on the curb to wait for him. I was so week. This is what happens when you get the dreaded stomach bug. I of course was very dehydrated. The doc. gave me some great med that made me sleep for about 24 hours. It took several days of water, Gaterade, and chicken soup but I am all better. If you are wondering the green apple Gaterade taste just like a jolly rancher. But, I am left with a wondering thought about how they make it so green!!! (The things that make you go Hummm)
On Saturday, I tried to move about a bit and this was the results of the effort. Every Blessing is a wonderful stamp set from the Annual Catalog.
The paper used is Winter Wonderland from the Holiday Catalog. When I finally got this paper in my hands two things struck me. How wonderfully different this paper was. The combination of back, gold, and white is just wonderful. It has a great shine about it that speaks to the specialty of the Holiday Season. The second was how one particular sheet looked so much like the night sky constellations.
Is it just so Shinny and Bright!!!
The sentiment is from Versatile Christmas in the Holiday Catalog. This is a must have set if you are planning on making Christmas Cards. Because it is full of sentiments many of witch can be used inside a card or on the outside. I only used part of a sentiment stamp. By masking off the part I was no going to use. This allowed me to only ink the part of the stamp I was going to use. Then I removed the mask before stamping.
Here are the details:
- The card base is Basic Black card stock cut at 5 1/2 inches and scored at 4 1/4 inches
- The layers are Whisper White (5 3/8 by 4 1/8), Winter Wonderland Specialty Designer Series Paper ( 5 1/4 by 4)
- The strips are Basic Black( 5 1/4 by 3/4) and Whisper White(5 1/4 by 1)
- On the Winter Wonderland layer stamp the image in Versa Mark ink and sprinkle with the gold embossing powder. Heat set the image. Before stamping make sure to use the embossing buddy so the powder does not stick to unwanted surfaces on the paper.
- Adhere the black and white strips together then add a layer of gold thread.
- Stamp the sentiment from Versatile Christmas in Versa Mark ink and sprinkle with gold embossing powder. Heat set the sentiment. Again be sure to use the embossing buddy before stamping. I masked off the with you so it would not show when stamped.
- Add the sentiment to a Whisper White layer
- All that is left is adhering everything together. I used multipurpose glue for this task.
Thank You for stopping by Westside Paper Creations. It is truly great to be back up and about with you guys. I hope everyone had a great weekend and that their Monday is good as any Monday can be. If you have any questions or comments about today’s creation or stamping in general leave a comment in the comment section below. I would love to know what you thought about today’s card.
Here is the supply list