Welcome to InKing Royalty’s November Blog Hop! This year’s Blog Hop themes are inspired by popular songs – this month’s song is “We are Family.” As you might guess, our Blog Hop today is filled with projects that are inspired by family – we have a wide variety of projects today! We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
One of my favorite family Christmas memory is going to a tree farm to select our tree. We had always had artificial trees as long as I could remember. So having a live tree that we picked out was extra special.
When I was thinking about what I wanted to share with you guys, the Cambridge Christmas and Buffalo Plaid stamps came to mind.
I know exactly what I wanted!! A beautiful rich red (Cherry Cobbler) and Black buffalo Plaid with tha tree stamp from Cambridge Christmas! Perfect!! I could just see the card!!!!!
Here’s where things went kinda astray. I have been in the middle of moving for a few months. All my stamping goodness is packed away in boxes. Anyway, needless to say I could not find my Buffalo Plaid stamp set anywhere. 🙈😲😱 What’s a girl to do??? In looking for the stamp set I did run across some old (definitely retired, or so old it might not be Stampin’ Up! ,not really sure where this paper came from) Plaid paper that would work!!! Yeppie….now exactly where is that Buffalo Plaid stamp????
- The color combination is Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, and Basic Black .
- Stamp sets Cambridge Christmas, Buffalo Plaid(???), and Itty Bitty Wishes
- The tree was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black on Very Vanilla. Then colored with Stampin’ Blends( Old Olive, Crumb Cake, and Soft Suede)
- The sentiment was stamped in Versa Mark and heat embossed with black embossing powder
- The final touch was the Cherry Cobbler bow. The bakers twine is part of the Festive Farmhouse Cotton Twine pack
My next card came to me during the night Monday. So of course Tuesday morning I got my coffee and made this card before work. The idea was a snowy day picking out the family tree.
- The first step was to make the background of snow. To do this, I painted Frost White Shimmer Paint on Pool Party Paper. After it dried , I used the Blizzard Thinlet Die to create the background
- The Tree was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on Whisper White ..and then Colored with the Stampin’ Blends
- After the stamping and coloring was finished, I fussy cut the top half of the tree and then made a snow bank
- The next step was to go back in and add some shadows and snow .The shadows were added using pool party and light Smoky Slate. Then I used a colorless blender to fade it all out
- The snow was created by adding flicks of Frost White Paint. If you look close at the bottom you can see where I had a huge snow flake and tried to fix it . I found it was much easier to use a tinny paint brush and dot the snow on that way
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Nina King at Ink Paper Sequins . There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Each of your comments makes me smile! Please, comment HERE.If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Allison Okamitsu at Nice People Stamp
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Nina King at InkPaperSequins
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
I hope you will continue to hop along with my wonderful Stamping Family! They truly are my creative muse and I know you will love what they create as much as I do!!
Peace my friends-