Spring is just around the corner! Here in Alabama the trees are beginning to bloom and all the early spring flowers are up, daffodils, tulips, and others. We had a warm February that got things rolling towards an early spring .But, old man winter is not through with us yet . The mornings have been cold (Alabama cold, mind you) and crisp . The birds are chirping there happy songs and the Pals are hopping along .
Welcome to the Pals March 2018 Blog Hop. Our theme this month is “Spring has Sprung”. The Stampin’ Pretty Pals will inspire you with Spring or Spring-related projects. You may see floral, Easter or other general Spring-inspired designs. You may be just starting or hopped over from another Pal. In either case you’ll find the line-up toward the end of my post to help you move along.
I love this time of the year when the birds start chirp their happy song. It means Spring is right around the corner! One stamp set in the Occasions Catalog brings all the spring Birds home! Flying Home makes me think about all the migrating birds flying back to their favorite backyard bird houses.
I think this may be the sweetest stamp set I have ever seen! It just screams cute!! In some ways it is very retro . In other ways it has a modern feel . So, as it once was said… what once was old is new again!
- The bird houses were stamped with memento ink. Then colored with the Stampin’ Blends. Often I use my Prisms Color Markers along with the Blends .But, lately I have been trying to just use my Blends .
- The card base is from Sale-A-Bration .The Tutti Frutti card bases and envelopes! These card bases and envelopes are amazing! I love the colors . And the patterns make it easy to add anything you want on top!
- The Hello is from Banners For You
The next two cards are actually the inspiration to create the card above as a clean and straight lined version! Not all cards have to have lots of texture to be beautiful! I love the straight forward version above as much as I love the full of layers and texture versions below!!! All three cards could be made either way and still be beautiful!
- Layers of texture are like the branches, twigs, and twine that birds gather to build a nest. Layers of twine, ribbon, and vellum come together to build a backdrop for a sweet nest of birds
- The stamped image is once again colored with the blends . To be honest, this would be a great set to also color with the. Stampin’ Write markers . The images for the most part are small enough that streaking is not an issue if you work fast . So, please do not feel that you must have Stampin’ Blends to color these images
- The Hello Friend is from the Stamp Set A Good Day!
- Yet again lots of layers and texture
- The flower and the vellum leaves are from the dies May Flowers .These dies are perfect for all your Spring crafting needs
- The flower and the vellum leaf are steeped up a bit . I used my Stampin’ Blends in the light Daffodil Delight to quickly color both .
- The sentiment is from the Perennial Birthday Stamp set . It was to long for the space .So, I simply cut it in half . That was after trying several , and I mean SEVERAL different options . Finally, yesterday morning it just came together like magic .
- The final touch was to add the enamel shapes
I always live decorating my envelopes! The Tutti Frutti envelopes are so pretty it really does not take much to add a little something special to them. I used the little small birds and butterfly’s in the Flying Home set to add the extra touches for my envelopes
Each of your comments makes me smile! Please, comment HERE.
Thank you so much for hopping with the Stampin’ Pretty Pals today. Please take a minute to mark your calendar for our next hop on April 11, 2018 for our Family First Hop. Now hop along using the Blog Hop Line-up below. Don’t forget to leave us a comment. We really like that.
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Corinne Blake at The Creative Compendium
- Linda Suarez at All Night Stamping
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Nina King at Ink Paper Sequins
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
Thank you for stopping by! I love sharing and will be back soon! I hope each of you will hop along with us today! Please feel free to leave comments with those of us who you especially like there work! We, I know I do, love hearing from you guys!!!