For the love of stamps!
Welcome to InKing Royalty’s January Blog Hop! This year’s Blog Hop themes are inspired by a single word – and this month our projects are centered around LOVE. You’re certain to see some amazing ideas for Valentine’s Day in the hop, but there are other ways to honor love in the lineup, too. What fun! We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
There are so many things I love about the Occasions Catalog! It is jammed packed with stamps, papers, and embellishments that will make your crafty heart go pitter patter!!! My most favorite paper is the “Kate Spade” paper. Well, that’s what I call it…It is not actually Kate Spade. But, It so reminds me of her back in the day! How did we get to the place that 1999 is back in the day??? Anyway, the Happiness Blooms paper is Awesome!!!
The combination of bright colors, floral, and pretty patterns is just perfect! I adore the color combinations found within the Happiness Blooms Designer Series Paper!! I decided to combine this happy paper with the All That You Are Stamp Set. The style of this stamp set pairs well with the style of the paper. I also knew this would give me the opportunity to color the pretty flower in the stamp set. You guys know how much I like to color!
I pulled out a limited section of the Stampin’ Blends. Basically, the colors that coordinate with the Happiness Blooms DSP. Night of Navy, Call Me Clover, and Calypso Coral. Then I added in light Daffodil Delight, light Mossy Meadow, and Blamey Blue. Using a limited color palate helps in coloring. Some times when I have all the colors out, I think I have to use all the colors. So, by just pulling out the colors I attended to use helped me stick to the color palate!
- The first thing was first! The flower was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. This is a Stampin’ Blend friendly ink. Meaning the ink will not bleed when the ink from the Blends touches it.
- The second step was to color the image. I have been working on getting comfortable adding shadows. So, for this card I used the Mossy Meadow to add the darkest shadows in the corners of the flower. Doing this really made the petals look more dimensional.
- The final step was to add the Happiness Blooms Enamel Dots. These dots are beautiful!!! I love the jewel look to them!
It is always fun to decorate the envelope! I used the Bloom by Bloom stamp set! This stamp set is ment to coordinate with he Happiness Bloom Suite. I think it also looks great with the All That You Are flower!
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss
If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Katie Ferguson at Cottage Paper
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Nina King at InkPaperSequins
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts