Hi! guys, I’m back today with another set of monoprints. I am super excited to share these prints with you! I used the mono prints as backgrounds for butterflies and dragonflies! Such fun. I made these prints at the same time as the ones I shared earler this week. Actually, I used the same stamps for the printing process, Butterfly Basics. Then, I added some extras to the prints.
This set is one of my all time favorites! As I mentioned, Sunday it was time to give it some love!!
- Each print has its own unique feel. Yet all three work so well together.
- The guilding and stamping on top of the prints give them an extra special feel
These prints were made very similarly to the original monoprints, used a Gelli Plate to create the prints.
- The paper is mixed media paper and is taped with painters tape to create a border
- The colors used are Pool Party, Crushed Curry, and Dapper Denim
- The process is a layering of Gelli prints to create a depth of color and texture.
- The Dragonfly is stamped in Dapper Denim. This is from the Dragonfly Dreams Stamp set
- This print is accented with stamping and guilding. After the print was completed, I added additional stamping to add even more texture.
- Even more texture was added with glue and guilding. (mixed metal leafing)
- The butterfly was guilded. I love using the multipurpose adhesive sheets for this process. It makes leafing so easy with die cuts
- The colors are Dapper Denim, Pool Party, and Crushed Curry
- This print is just two colors, Dapper Denim and Pool Party
- There are a few leaves peeping through from the Oh So Eclectic stamp set.
- The small dragonflies are from the Touches of Texture stamp set. They are stamped in Dapper Denim
- Little secret, I originally was not going to use this print. It was a slight bit crucked. Then I thought. Add some guilding. So, I did…this led to the two prints above. Witch I love!
- The two large dragonflies add a little extra special feel, especially with all the guilding in the background
If you would like to know more about the actual printing process check out this post! It explains the steps of the printing process. I didn’t want to repeat what I had just told you on Sunday! But, I sure did want you to see these beautiful prints.
Each of your comments makes me smile! Please, comment HERE.
Today is the day! The Annual catalog is Here!!! Lets all do the Happy Dance!!! Yeppie. I am so excited for you to see the catalog!!!
There is a Paper Pumpkin sale going on and it is pretty sweet! This is definitely the time to join!!!
Here is the supply list. If you have any questions about today’s card, products used, or Stampin’ Up! feel free to email me at email@example.com