Welcome to InKing Royalty’s July Blog Hop! This year’s Blog Hop themes are inspired by a single word – and this month our projects are centered around SUNSHINE. The Sun is the single most important source of energy for life on Earth – it guides our clocks, calendars and planting schedules. We may be enduring a heatwave this week, but we still associate the Sun with positivity, joy, and renewal. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
I had this vision in my head of a sunny background with the grass and flower silhouette (Friendly Silhouette Dies/149546) The first step was to make a few Sun backgrounds. I really wanted to capture that moment that the sun just starts to rise. The bright yellows against the darker blue almost night sky. To do this, I used sponge dabbers and ink!
- I masked off an area for the ground.
- Then ink blended the yellow.
- After ink blending the yellow I added a circle mask to the mix.
- Then more yellow ink and some blue.
- The final step was to cut some masks to make sun rays. And more ink blending.
The next step was to add the silhouette dies…..
Yea well, let’s just say…the card had other ideas of what it wanted to be. Seriously, this walrus (We’ll Walrus Be Friends/149367) is just too cute not to be floating in the Sunshine!!!
- The background is pineapple punch, daffodil delight, and mango melody for the sky. The water is Seaside Spray and Pacific Point.
- The sun rays were made with the side of the sponge dabber making a line from the sun to the sky. The sun was masked at this point. This created a softer sunray effect
- After making the background, I added a horizon line using the Pacific Point Stampin’ Wright Marker
- Then the walrus and fish were colored with Stampin’ Blends
Each of your comments makes me smile! Please, comment HERE.
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, [insert name and blog name with imbedded links]. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Jan Dufour at Stamp Me Silly
- Katie Ferguson at Cottage Paper
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
I don’t often talk about how much I love being apart of the Inking Royalty! Brian is the best leader ever! He is full of support, advice, and acceptance! Everyone in the Royals is so supportive of each other. Many of us are there merely for the discount that goes along with Bing a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator!!!! Many are building their business, in the Inking Royalty, all are loved and encouraged!! If you have ever considered being a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator the Inking Royalty is the group to be apart of! I can’t express how much these people have made my life better and brighter!
Peace my creative friends-