The Pal’s blog hop was Wednesday! This day is always fun and full of inspiration! If you missed the hop. Check it out here!!!
And then yesterday I was Guest Designer on Brian’s blog at Stamp with Brian. I was super honored to share a cool technique with his readers.
I really wanted to use the circles for a water scene. The obvious choice was, Magical Mermaid. But, I wanted to try something different! Therefor I went with Message in a Bottle.
This is one of the most adorable stamp sets ever!!! I have been in love with it ever sence my friend Shawn made a card with it! He used the octopus and the message “you octopi my thoughts” . How precious and adorable is that. Anyway, I have wanted to use this stamp set ever sence. So, today is the perfect opportunity!!!
- The background is Playful Backgrounds stamped on tissue paper and heat embossed with silver embossing powder
- The colors used for the background are Pool Party, Bermuda Bay, and Tranquil Tide
- Then I added ink to it using the Faux Batik technique. Instead of discarding the tissue paper. I let it dry and made this background.
- After the tissue is dry, I mixed multipurpose glue a little water. Painted it onto a piece of cardstock. Then added the tissue on top.
- The bottle is stamped in Basic Black., the water in Pool Party, and the whale in Basic Gray
- The sentiment is stamped inside the classic label in the Happy Birthday Georgius stamp set . Then punched with the classic label punch
- It is hard to see in the card, but, I added a little silver thread and some metallic enamel dots
The card base is Daffodil Delight with Basic Gray layered on top!
Here is a close up of the water bubbles and the bottle!
Each of your comments makes me smile! Please, comment HERE.
The Carols of Christmas Early Release is now available for you to purchase. You are going to love this set so much. It is my must have from the Holiday Catalog. It is amazing!!! So very easy to use and just simply perfect!!! It will remind you of why you love stamping in the first place. The stamp set pairs with the Card front builder dies! These dies rock!!!! They will make every Holiday Card sing in glory!!!!
There is a Paper Pumpkin sale going on and it is pretty sweet! This is definitely the time to join!!!
Here is a list of items used to make this card. If you have any questions about this card feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org