Today, I am sharing another way to use embossing paste with our Stampin Up! inks. I love all the ways you can add color to embossing paste. Yesterday, I added the color directly to the paste before I used it. If you missed that card you can see it here. Today , though I am going to add the color to a already embossed area. It is like watercoloring. So fun and easy for a bold wow! When I saw the new pattern decorative mask, I knew I wanted to do this technique with the round pattern!
These mask give us lots of bang and wow with very little effort. I’m super excited that Stampin’ Up! included a mask that was a little more unique of a pattern. The circle one is my favorite!!! Though I know I will use the others quite often.
- The first thing is to add embossing paste through a decorative mask onto watercolor paper. And let it completely dry
- Then using reinkers as watercolor. I add color to the embossed areas. I actually used a fair amount of water so that the ink would move around on the paper.
- The two colors used are Tranquil Tide and Lemon Lime Twist
After this dried I started working on the sentiment! I get so much use out of my word dies. They are so versatile! This time I did something a little different to mine. Not only did I stack it! But, I added leafing flakes to the top!!!!
This is a leafing technique that is quite messy!!! I just saying! I even thought I was making a mess doing this! I have leafing everywhere. When you do this. Make sure you have a box lid or something to contain the leafing. And some kind of wipe like the swifter dusting wipes. You’ve been warned!!!😍😉
- The first step was to add adhesive to the top of the die. Stampin’ Up! has the perfect product to do this. The New adhesive sheets. I die cut the image so that the sticky adhesive would be on the top of the die. Pulled off the protective layer.
- Then in a box lid added the leafing flakes to the word. Pressing them in very hard.
- The next step is to take a brush (I used a stencil brush) and with a circular motion brush off any access leafing flakes. This really makes a mess. But, it it defiantly worth the effort!
- The word is stacked on top of several of the same die. To give added dimension.
- The Thanks, is stamped in Tranquil Tide and comes from the Lovely Inside & Out stamp set.
- The background layer was made by cutting stripes of adhesive sheets and adding them to the edges of card stock. Then fallowing the above directions.
Each of your comments makes me smile! Please, comment HERE.
We always love our host! But right now they are extra special!!! So, when you are ready let me know!!! I am always happy to work with you. It’s a perfect time to save even more on all the NEW products!!!
The new catalog is full of Awesome New product! And some pretty amazing returning items!!
Peace and Love to you all-