Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for March 2016. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our new 2016 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are featuring Spring and Spring related projects. We hope you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
I have really been enjoying the Picture Perfect stamp set. The starfish, Rose, and the hummingbird are all beautiful stamps. I have enjoyed the layering of stamps to achieve different results. I had so much fun with the rose stamp (the other day) that I decided to try it again with a different red combination and using the same technique. You can see it here. I practiced several times before getting the stamping just right. It really did help to stamp the Medium Color first. Then stamp the light color. (I did this to learn how exactly the stamp lines up! As the Light color can be kinda hard to see) The colors used for the Roses are Real Red, Watermelon Wonder, and Blushing Bride. This resulted in a deep rose that is amazing! The leaves are Mint Macaron and Always Artichoke. I paired this with Smokey Slate.
Here are the details:
- The card base is Smokey Slate (my favorite) card stock cut at 5 1/2 inches and scored at 4 1/4 inches
- The layers are Whisper White(5 1/4 by 4), Blushing Bride (2 3/4 by 4 3/4), and Smokey Slate (2 3/8 by 4 3/8)
- On the Whisper White layer stamp the Brushstrokes stamp using Blushing Bride Ink
- Using the Big Shot and the Elegant Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder emboss the Smokey Slate layer
- Stamp the rose using Blushing Bride, Watermelon Wonder, and Real Red using mask to give a layered look.
- Stamp the leaves using Mint Macaron and Always Artichoke
- Stamp “Just a Note” in Watermelon Wonder on Whisper White Card Stock. Punch out with the Washi Label Punch.
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Nicole Everitt at Stamp Scrap Love
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Pam Dotts at Clearly Southern Stampin’
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Beth Beard at My Little Craft Blog
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Natalie Bradley at NatalieBradley.com
- Becky Volpp at inkblossomwithBecky
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin pink rose
- Peggy Noe at prettypapercards
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations