When it gets hot here in Alabama, all I really want to do is sit on the porch and drink Lemonade. It is hot and it is sticky. So our best defense is to stay as still as possible. Summer is not officially here yet, but we have already had many of those two hot to move days! I decided to make a fun little card to celebrate the warmth of the Summer and well Lemonade of course….
The Creative Way – A Product Feature
I love sharing different ideas with you about how to use your Stampin’ Blends! Stampin’ Blends are Stampin’ Up! version of Alcohol Markers. They are awesome in every way!!! Check out this post for more information about the Stampin’ Blends.
One of my favorite stamp sets from last years catalog was the Coffee Café stamp set! I love anything to do with coffee or tea. And after almost 20 years in the Café business this set just makes me happy!
The stamp set and dies were combined with a technique by Jennifer McGuire, called Set Back Stamping. This is a fun technique that really takes advantage of good white space, a focal point, and a colored panel. To create Set Back Stamping you will want to have coordinating die and a stamping tool, such as the Stamperatious is useful.
- Using the Stamperatious, The cup was stamped on Whisper White with Memento Tuxedo Black.
- Then the panel (2018 In-Color Designer Series Paper) was played over the white and the cup was stamped a second time
- While using the Stamperatious, I stamped the fabulous friend with versa mark ink. Then, heat embossed with black embossing powder
- The cup on whisper white was colored with Pineapple Punch and Daffodil Delight blends. After coloring in the image I decided to add Ice Cubes and the Straw.
- The next step was, to use die cuts to cut the panel. The inside of the cup was discarded. Then the panel was popped up using plenty of dimensionals.
- The hello was created using the Pineapple Punch Stampin Blends on whisper white. After that dried, hello was heat embossed in black. Then die cut out using the Bunch of Banners dies. After die cutting, I used the colorless blender around the edges of the yellow banner to create a little variety of color
- The final touch was using the same coloring technique to creat a thin yellow background on the card base.
Each of your comments makes me smile! Please, comment HERE.
The All New Catalog is available and ready for you to shop from. You can shop online here
The Creative Way – A Product Highlight, Stampin’ Blends
If you would like to see more about the Stampin’ Up! Blends click here
Have a great Monday!! We have another catering event tonight at work. But, I’m planning on sharing with you again tomorrow!! Till then, go and live creatively!!!