I am using two of my absolutely favorite products in today’s card. I feel like I am always saying “this is my fav.” or “I just love this” or “you have to have this” or …… Well, you get the point!!!! Stampin’ Up! has made it so easy for us to want it all!!!! That’s because it is all the best….
English Garden Designer Series Paper is so very beautiful. One pattern in particular reminded me of my bedroom growing up. Pink roses and sea foam green walls. It was a lovely room! When I saw this paper my thoughts immediately went to my bedspread. I so wish I had a picture to share. But, I promise it was almost exactly this print!!!!
Best Thought’s is one of my favorite stamp sets in the Annual Catalog! I adore the sketched look of the stamp set. The sentiments are so fresh looking!
Best Thoughts stamp set is available as a Host Set associated with Stampin’ Rewards. When you shop with your demonstrator in person or online you have the opportunity to earn Stampin’ Rewards. This is how it works. Spend $150 and receive $15 worth of Stampin’ Rewards towards any product you would like. Also, when you spend $150 you automatically qualify to order a Host sets at a discounted price!!! I tell you this because…..
- You need to be aware that Stampin’ Rewards exist!!!!
- The Host Sets are AMAZING!!!!
- I am using one of the Host Sets today!!!!
If you have any questions regarding Host Sets or Stampin” Rewards feel free to contact me at [email protected]
Here are the Details:
- The card base is Mossy Meadow card stock cut at 4 1/4 inches and scored at 5 1/2 inches. I tend to do this opposite so that the card opens from the side. Though in the spirit of keeping life interesting and fresh. I decided to use the “Brian King way” once again!!!!
- The layers are Hello Honey and English Garden Designer Series Paper
- The circles are cut from punches and from the Circles Collection Framlits using the colors Blushing Bride, Hello Honey, and Whisper White.
- The sentiment is stamped in Mossy Meadow on the Whisper White circle
- The two ribbons used are Blushing Bride Cotton Ribbon and Whisper White Satin Ribbon. Both were cut to exact size of the card and adhered using a xyron x sticker maker.
Host Sets! All discounted when you spend $150
Thank You for stopping by Westside Paper Creations on a beautiful Friday! I am looking forward to our Monthly Christmas Card Class tomorrow. Look for more information about upcoming fall classes soon! Have a wonderful day :>
Today I am playing along with the Pal’s Paper Arts. The Pal’s are a great group of paper artist who all happen to be Stampin’ Up! demonstrators and the down line of Mary Fish. Mary is a fablous leader for all the Pal’s. I love being apart of such a wonderful group. We all support each other not just in Stampin’ Up! but, in all walks of life. I waited a long time to join Stampin’ Up! I am very proud to be a member of the Pal’s and the InKing Royalty’s. Both groups are full of amazing people.
The challenge is #262 and is a color challenge. The colors in this challenge are Mint Macaron, Pool Party, and Tip Top Taupe. The Mint Macaron and the Pool party are very close to each other. Yet, completely different. One is a light shade of green and the other is blue. They are both very soothing colors to me. Tip Top Taupe really brings out either color.
Here are the Details of today’s card:
- The card base is Thick Whisper White card stock cut at 5 1/2 inches and scored at 4 1/4
- Cut Tip Top Taupe card stock to 5 3/8 inches by 4 1/8 inches
- Cut Mint Macaron card stock to 5 1/4 inches by 4 inches
- Cut Shimmery White card stock to 5 inches by 3 3/4 inches.
- Cut a strip of Tip Top Taupe to 1 inch by 3 3/4 inches
- Cut a strip of Whisper White 3/4 inches by 3 3/4 inches
- Cut a strip of Pool Part to 1/2 inches by 3 3/4 inches. Then use the Decorative Dots Texture Impression Embossing Folder and the Big Shot Glue the Three strips together.
- Stamp the interlocking stamp using Tip Top Taupe ink. See below pictures about how to achieve a straight line. The Stamp-A-Ma-Jig is involved.
- Stamp this layer with the dots from Gorgeous Grunge in Pool Party. (only do this on the top part of the card stock)
- Stamp the branch from Choose happiness in Staz On Jet Black. Then using a blender pin color in the branch using Mint Macaron ink
- Stamp “You are in my thoughts” in Tip Top Taupe on the Shimmery White card stock. Use the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to get the stamp in just the right spot! “you are in my thoughts” is from Best Thoughts Stamp Set.
- On a scrap sheet of Whisper White card stock stamp the bird from Choose Happiness in Pool Party. Then fussy cut the bird out. Using Stampin’ Dimensionals adhere the bird to the branch. I use Stampin’ Up! paper snips for this. They make cutting a breeze.
- All that is left is to glue everything together. Glue the Shimmery White stamped layer to the Mint Macaron layer. Then using Stampin’ Dimensionals adhere this layer to the card base. Glue the strip layer to the Shimmery White using multipurpose glue.
To line up the Tip Top Taupe stamping I used the 1 inch strip of Tip Top Taupe and Post It Note tape to hold everything in place. Then using the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig I stamped the interlocking stamp. Perfect results!
Sometimes when using the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig I forget witch edge of the stamp I was using. This time I got smart and put a “X” on the end that was going against the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig. That way I will always know witch end is correct.
Please make sure to check out all the fabulous creations by the Design Team over at Pal’s Paper Arts. And don’t forget to scroll down to the bottom to see all the projects by those like me who are playing along with the Design Team on Challenge 262
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
If you have any questions regarding today’s card, Stampin’ Up!, or stamping in general please use the form below to contact me. I would love to here from you. I am here for you and your stamping needs.
Thank You for stopping by Westside Paper Creations. Enjoy your Wednesday and I will see you back here soon.
I had a completely different blog post ready for y’all today. But, in double checking the Clearance Rack the stamp sets used to make the card had sold out!!! That’s okay though, you get to see a beautiful card that I made over the weekend to send to a Stampin’ Up! friend who recently lost her mother. When I first got back into stamping I read a blog post by a fellow Stampin’ Up! demonstrator (Brian King) that said something about yellow being bright and cherry and that we need cherry at times of sorrow. Sense then, I have allowed myself to think outside the box for colors for a sympathy card. Here is Brian’s original post about yellow : Sympathy and prayers in Yellow
Over the weekend I played around with some color combinations that combine the new In Colors with existing Stampin’ Up! colors. I just love the way Daffodil Delight combines with Watermelon Wonder. It is a stunning combination.
Definitely Dahlia stamp set is perfect for the faux watercolor effect used to stamp the Dahlia. The sentiment is from Best Thoughts stamp set. I know I will be getting lots of use out of these two stamp sets. The Dahlia Stamps so very perfectly and makes a stunning image.
definitely Dahlia Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up!
Here are the Details of today’s card:
- The card base is Thick Whisper White card stock cut in half at 5 1/2 inches and scored at 4 1/4 inches. Make sure you use the bone folder to burnish the scored edge.
- Cut a piece of Watermelon Wonder card stock to 4 inches by 4 inches.
- Cut a piece of Daffodil Delight card stock to 3 3/4 inches by 3 3/4 inches.
- Cut a piece of Shimmery White card stock to 3 1/2 inches by 3 1/2 inches.
- Using sponge dabbers and your Daffodil Delight ink pad add some daffodil delight ink the Definitely Dahlia stamp. I used a fair amount of ink. Adding more than one layer of daffodil delight ink. Using a second sponge dabber add Watermelon Wonder ink to the dahlia stamp. Do so sparingly and in random places. Finally, Spirits with water and stamp on to the Shimmery White card stock. Allow the image to dry before you move it around. The water in the ink will make the image run. (tested and tried) Also, the amount spirits onto the stamp will determine how blurred the image becomes. I highly recommend testing before stamping on your final image.
- Using sponge dabbers add daffodil delight ink and Watermelon Wonder to the “Your in my Thoughts” stamp from Best Thoughts. DO NOT ADD WATER! Using the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig stamp the sentiment at the bottom of the card.
- Glue the layers together with multipurpose glue. Use Stampin’ Dimentionals to add the layers dahlia to the card base
The Shimmery White Paper that Stampin’ Up! offers is defiantly worth the investment when doing projects like this. The water and the smooth texture of the paper react so well together. It’s a match made in heaven. And the sponge dabbers make it so easy to add the ink to the stamp in a random pattern. This card was lots of fun to make. One think about this faux water coloring technique is that each time you stamp the image comes out different. What fun!
Tomorrow we will have all new Weekly Deals. Remember to check them out on our Facebook Page!!!
Check out the Clearance Rack:
Here is the Supply List for today’s card:
Thank You for stopping by Westside Paper Creations on this Monday. I trust everyone had a great one and I will see you back here soon.
It’s fun to be playing along in some blog challenges. Especially after fallowing some of them for inspiration and ideas for a while now. I am always inspired by what the creative team brings to Mojo Monday challenge. This weeks challenge is almost over and time for a new creation. But, you still have time to play along as I did. I love the challenge of creating a card from a sketch. Though, I find sketch challenges much harder than color challenges (well, so far that is) The Mojo Monday sketch was created by Julee. It is a Tall and Skinny sketch. This was a fun size to work with. Make sure to hop over to Mojo Monday to see all the great art that has been created using this sketch.
Here is the sketch for the Mojo Monday Challenge:
Here is my card created for the Mojo Monday Challenge
Her are the Details of today’s card:
- the card base is Marina Mist card stock cut to 3 1/2 by 11. And scored at 5 1/2. Use your bone folder to burnish the scored line.
- Cut a layer from Marina Mist card stock to 3 3/8 by 10 7/8 . Using the Elegant Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and the Big Shot emboss the layer. Glue this layer to the card base using multipurpose glue
- Cut a layer of Shimmery White card stock to 2 inches by 3 1/2 inches. On this layer use the dot from Garden in Bloom and Marina Mist to stamp dots onto the card stock.
- Cut a layer of Daffodil Delight card stock to 2 1/4 inches by 3 1/2 inches. Glue the doted layer to the Daffodil delight layer using multipurpose glue.
- Cut a layer of Shimmery White card stock to 4 inches by 2 3/4 inches. Stamp the large hydrangea from Best Thoughts stamp set in Staz On Jet Black Ink. Using the blender pen and the Marina Mist stamp pad color the hydrangea. I used Tip Top Taupe for the stem. But, any brown would work.
- Cut a layer of Daffodil Delight card stock to 4 1/4 inches by 3 inches. Glue the Shimmery White card stock to the Daffodil Delight layer using multipurpose glue. Also, glue this layer to the card base.
- On a scrap piece of Shimmery White card stock stamp the thanks and banner from Endless Thanks Stamp Set with Marina Mist ink. “Fussy Cut” the banner out. Glue the banner to the hydrangea layer using the…..You guessed it……Multipurpose glue. I used my bone folder to add a little curve to the banner. This add some dimension to the card.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to add the hydrangea layer to the card base.
- Finally, also on scrap Shimmery White card stock stamp the butterfly from Best Thoughts stamp set with Daffodil Delight ink. “Fussy Cut” the butterfly out. Use your bone folder to curl the wings. And glue it to the card.
The Shimmery White card stock is the perfect paper to use blender pins with. It just makes the color go on so nice and smooth. If you have not used this combination of tools. You should defiantly check it out!
If you would like to really make this card shine. Use the envelope punch board to make a special envelope for the card. I used Marina Myst card stock for the outside envelope. And Whisper White Envelop Paper stamped with the dot from Garden in Bloom stamp set to make the liner for my envelope.
Remember to hop over to Mojo Monday and check out all the great creations. I know you will like what you see. And there is still a little time left if you want to try your had at this great sketch by Julee. All the rules to play along are on the Mojo Monday page.
Thank you for stopping by Westside Paper Creations. I hope you have a blessed Sunday. See you again soon :>