Choose Happiness for Pal’s Paper Arts 262
Today I am playing along with the Pal’s Paper Arts. The Pal’s are a great group of paper artist who all happen to be Stampin’ Up! demonstrators and the down line of Mary Fish. Mary is a fablous leader for all the Pal’s. I love being apart of such a wonderful group. We all support each other not just in Stampin’ Up! but, in all walks of life. I waited a long time to join Stampin’ Up! I am very proud to be a member of the Pal’s and the InKing Royalty’s. Both groups are full of amazing people.
The challenge is #262 and is a color challenge. The colors in this challenge are Mint Macaron, Pool Party, and Tip Top Taupe. The Mint Macaron and the Pool party are very close to each other. Yet, completely different. One is a light shade of green and the other is blue. They are both very soothing colors to me. Tip Top Taupe really brings out either color.
Here are the Details of today’s card:
- The card base is Thick Whisper White card stock cut at 5 1/2 inches and scored at 4 1/4
- Cut Tip Top Taupe card stock to 5 3/8 inches by 4 1/8 inches
- Cut Mint Macaron card stock to 5 1/4 inches by 4 inches
- Cut Shimmery White card stock to 5 inches by 3 3/4 inches.
- Cut a strip of Tip Top Taupe to 1 inch by 3 3/4 inches
- Cut a strip of Whisper White 3/4 inches by 3 3/4 inches
- Cut a strip of Pool Part to 1/2 inches by 3 3/4 inches. Then use the Decorative Dots Texture Impression Embossing Folder and the Big Shot Glue the Three strips together.
- Stamp the interlocking stamp using Tip Top Taupe ink. See below pictures about how to achieve a straight line. The Stamp-A-Ma-Jig is involved.
- Stamp this layer with the dots from Gorgeous Grunge in Pool Party. (only do this on the top part of the card stock)
- Stamp the branch from Choose happiness in Staz On Jet Black. Then using a blender pin color in the branch using Mint Macaron ink
- Stamp “You are in my thoughts” in Tip Top Taupe on the Shimmery White card stock. Use the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to get the stamp in just the right spot! “you are in my thoughts” is from Best Thoughts Stamp Set.
- On a scrap sheet of Whisper White card stock stamp the bird from Choose Happiness in Pool Party. Then fussy cut the bird out. Using Stampin’ Dimensionals adhere the bird to the branch. I use Stampin’ Up! paper snips for this. They make cutting a breeze.
- All that is left is to glue everything together. Glue the Shimmery White stamped layer to the Mint Macaron layer. Then using Stampin’ Dimensionals adhere this layer to the card base. Glue the strip layer to the Shimmery White using multipurpose glue.
To line up the Tip Top Taupe stamping I used the 1 inch strip of Tip Top Taupe and Post It Note tape to hold everything in place. Then using the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig I stamped the interlocking stamp. Perfect results!
Sometimes when using the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig I forget witch edge of the stamp I was using. This time I got smart and put a “X” on the end that was going against the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig. That way I will always know witch end is correct.
Please make sure to check out all the fabulous creations by the Design Team over at Pal’s Paper Arts. And don’t forget to scroll down to the bottom to see all the projects by those like me who are playing along with the Design Team on Challenge 262
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog