The All New Cups and Kettle Framelits and Dies are just so very wonderful. Who does not love coffee, hot chocolate, or tea….. I in love with everything about Cups and Kettle. And if it could not get any better it is bundled with the Have a Cuppa stamp set (this saves you 15%)…. Of course, the dies work well with other stamp sets. Today, I am combining the Cups and Kettle Framelits with the Happy Happenings Stamp Set. Several of the stamps from this set fit perfectly into the the “coffee” cup framelit.
I really thought about using “today’s the day” or “thank you” but, in the end “let the cerebration of your fatuousness begin” won out!!!!!
The background was created using derwent Inktense Pencils. The pencils were a Christmas gift and quickly becoming one of my favorite ways to create a watercolored look. I colored some ink onto watercolor paper and then washed it out with a aqua painter. The same technique was used to create the cup and the steam. The sentiment was stamped using the archival basic black ink and the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig. The watercolor panel is backed with real red card stock.
Here is the supply list: my Inktense Pencils came from a store called Dick Blick.
Built for Free Using:My Stampin Blog
Remember that Paper Pumpkin i s on sale! And with a 3 month subscription you get one
FREE Sale-A-Bration item!!!!
I am already looking forward to meeting you back here soon! Happy Thursday Evening!
I am always loving what everyone in the blogging world is creating. One of my latest purchases was the Brushstroke Background Stamp Set. I am in love with the idea of creating my own unique backgrounds with a bold stamp. The Brushstroke stamp gives you the look of perfectly watercolored strip background with out actually having to watercolor. How wonderful is that!!!(insert Brian King’s voice)
For my first time out with the Brushstrokes stamp I wanted to make a bold statement background. Then pair the background with a fabulous sentiment. Happy Happening is a great set jam packed full of sayings for all the happy times.
I’m completely in love with all the fun founts they used when creating this stamp set. And the sentiments are just to cute.
Here are the details:
- The card base is Pool Party card stock (only because for some reason I let myself run out of Watermelon Wonder) cut at 5 1/2 inches and scored at 4 1/4 inches.
- The layers are Crushed Curry(5 3/8 by 4 1/8) and Whisper White(5 1/4 by 4)
- On the Whisper White layer stamp the Brushstrokes stamp using Pool Party, Crushed Curry, and Watermelon Wonder ink pads. I overlapped the inking some to give a softer change in color
- Stamp the sentiment in Watermelon Wonder ink and cut out using the Tags & Labels Framelits and Dies.
- Cut out a Crushed Curry Label using the same set of dies and your Big Shot.
- Use the re-inkers in Pool Party, Crushed Curry, and Watermelon Wonder to create the watercolor background for the third label. When this has dried cut out using the Tags & Labels Framelits and Dies and your Big Shot
- Use the Whisper White bakers twine to bring everything together.
I thought about adding some sequins to the top left corner or maybe some candy dots or epoxy accents. But, decided that keeping it clean and simple was the way to go.
It’s easy to create small backgrounds using re-inkers, a aqua painter, watercolor paper, and a clear block. Just add a little ink to the clear block and pick it up with the aqua painter to add to the paper.
The Supply List:
Thank You for stopping by Westside Paper Creations! I am looking forward to meeting you here again soon. Keep creating:> I would love to here from you! Any thoughts, comments, or questions about today’s card, up comming classes, or stamping in general are welcome. Always remember I am here for you. Have a great day and see you back here soon.