Garden in Bloom is a must have Stamp Set from the Annual Catalog. I love all the choices you get out lines of flowers, “watercolor flowers”, or combine the two for a perfect garden. You also get the cutest little bee I have ever seen. Though today’s card does not feature the bee. The bee is darling. I must use it soon. I have been wanting to make a black and white card for a while now. I thought that just a little splash of Yellow would really make the card special. Last night when I sat down to make a card for a design challenge. I pulled out this set to make my black and white card. Well, as it typically goes, I left the design behind and made a completely different card. Sometimes, you just have to go where the stamps and paper are leading you!!!!! I love the final results of the card. But, I still have to complete that design challenge.
Her is The Stamp Set and Designer Paper used to make today’s card:
I just love the three Daisy like flowers! So full of life and happyness :> As you can see I add a little Daffodil Delight and Smoky Slate to the card. The Smoky Slate card base really brings the whole card together. The Daffodil Delight pannel makes the back and white really stand out!!!
Here are the Details of Today’s Card:
- The card base is a piece of Smoky Slate card stock cut at 5 1/2 inches and scored at 4 1/4 inches. Make sure to use your bone folder to burnish the scored edge
- On Whisper White or Shimmery White paper Stamp the out line flower from Garden in Bloom using Staz On Jet Back ink. Then add little touches of Daffodil Delight with the Stampin’ Wright Marker. Fussy cut the flowers with your paper snips. Using the Bone Folder curl the edges of the flowers.
- Cut a piece of Daffodil Delight card stock to 5 1/4 inches by 4 inches. You can emboss it using the Decorative Dots Texture Impressions Embossing Folder. (see above card) Or you can leave it as be. (see below card)
- Cut a piece of Everyday Chick Designer Series Paper to 3 3/4 inches by 2 1/2 inches. Then randomly color some of the dots yellow with the Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Wright Marker.
- All that is left is to glue everything down using multipurpose glue.
Witch one do you like better? The one that has the yellow embossed . Or the one without the yellow embossing. I would love to know. Just leave a comment below. Let’s see witch one is the more popular version.
This card is spot on for so many occasions. I am using one as a birthday card. I am going to stamp Happy Birthday on the inside using a past Paper Pumpkin Stamp that is just perfect. (see stamp in below picture) The other I am using as a note card to send a quick not to a friend.
Remember that My Paper Pumpkin is on Sale!!! That means its a perfect time to Join
Here is the supply list for Today’s Card:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog