Pencil Me In Technique over at Splitcoast Stampers TLC583
Kelly over at Alway’s Stampin’ hosted a Technique challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers. The Pencil Me In technique takes any stamp an makes it into a “sketch” by adding little pencil marks to the stamped image. I will just have to say Kelly is quite brilliant to come up with this fabulous technique. Be sure to check out the Pencil Me In Technique page over at Splitcoast Stampers.
For my version of the Pencil Me In technique I decided to use a stamped image that already has a sketched look! This helped me know where to add my pencil marks. Any, stamp would work.
This is one of my most used stamp sets! I just love the flowers and leaves in this set. And the sentiment are perfect. Love the script so very much. It just makes me happy looking at these simple flower images and thinking about all the possibilities!!!!
Here are a few details:
- The card base is Night of Navy card stock cut at 5 1/2 inches and scored at 4 1/4 inches. The layers are So Saffron cut 1/8 inch less (5 3/8 by 4 1/8) The stamped layer is Artagain drawing paper by Strathmore (5 1/4 by 4)
- The single flower is stamped in a very light gray ink (such as Smokey Slate) I used a color by The Ton called Crystal Pewter because it was the lightest gray I have.
- The next step is where all the fun is. I used a pencil (one of Mike’s sketching pencils left from days gone by) and added little lines to the stamped image to give a hand sketched look to the stamped image. I so enjoyed this step!
- Finally I added the sentiment stamping several times to get a dark gray image. The sentiment is from a great set by Hero Arts. And the little leaf accent is from a similar stamp set from Mint Owl Studio
The inside of the card is finished off with a sentiment from the Thoughts & Prayers stamp set by Stampin’ Up! and three more flowers just for good measure. They were just so much fun to make. I had to make more!!!
Here is the supply list:
- Stamp Sets: Birthday Blossoms, Thoughts & Prayers by Stampin’ Up!
- Colors used: Night of Navy, So Saffron, and Smokey Slate
- Special tool: Pencil
- Special paper: Artagain by Strathmore (Dick Blick is a great online source for this paper)
Looking for some really good deals! The Clearance Rack is full of items up to 60% off!!!
Thank you for stopping by Westside Paper Creations! I would love to here from you! Feel free to leave a comment below. And be sure to check out Kelly’s post over at Splitcost Stampers TLC583!!!!!