Bundled up for the Holidays
Welcome to InKing Royalty’s August Blog Hop. Stampin’ Up!’s 2015 Holiday Catalog is just around the corner (it’s live on September 1) – and this amazing book is filled to the brim with incredible bundles at discounted prices. Who doesn’t love to save with bundles?!? Today we are Bundled Up for the Holidays as we celebrate these amazing stamp set bundles from the Holiday Catalog. After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
The Holiday Catalog is just jam packed full of new and exciting products. I am over the moon for the new catalog. There are so many new punches, stamps, and framelits. Not to mention, new ribbon, new adhesive, new archival ink, new paper, and BEST OF ALL!!!! ALL NEW BUNDLES!!! This means you have all new opportunities to save!!! And who does not like to save…I don’t think I know one person who would say “saving is bad, 15 % discount is bad” It totally excites me that Stampin’ Up! rocked the Holiday Catalog.
In preparing for the InKing Royalty Blog Hop I was thinking about all the different bundles. Did I want to use a Christmas Bundle, Did I want to use a Halloween Bundle, Did I want to use a Fall Bundle. Well, I decided to use one of the Bundles that was at the top of my Fall Must Haves. That Time of year when you are just starting to Bundle Up!!!!
Acorny Thank You is such a cute new stamp set. I love the acorns and that one of the sentiments actually sates “Dropping in to say Hi!” This stamp set pairs with the new punch Acorn Builder Punch. In designing today’s card. I knew I wanted to use the New Designer Series Paper (Holiday Catalog) Into The Woods. All the designs are hand painted then reproduced. How cool is that!!! I also knew that I wanted to use three acorns that looked as though they were falling… To pair with the Sentiment.
Here are the Details:
- The card base is Daffodil Delight card stock cut at 4 1/4 inches and scored at 5 1/2 inches. “The Brian King Way” I wanted a tall looking card. So it works well if your fold is at the top of the card because it gives the illusion of being taller!
- The layers are old olive (4 1/8 by 5 3//8) And Into the Woods designer series paper cut to (4 1/8 by 2 3/4)
- Add the new Into The Woods Cotton Ribbon (Rich Razzleberry) to the designer series paper using glue dots on the back of the paper.
- On Whisper White Paper stamp the Acorn images in Daffodil Delight and Tangelo Twist. Also, on Whisper White stamp the Acorn tops in Blackberry Bliss and Soft Suede. Punch all these images out using the Acorn Builder Punch.
- Using Stampin’ Dimensionals adhere the tops of the acorn to the color bottoms
- On Whisper White card stock stamp the saying by masking of the hi and using Soft Suede ink. then stamp the image a second time masking off the dropping in to say using Blackberry Bliss ink.
- Cut out the sentiment using the Tags & Labels Framelits. Also, cut out a larger frame using Old Olive card stock
- All that is left is to adhere everything together using Stampin’ Dimensionals and multipurpose glue.
I love to take a few extra minuets and decorate my envelopes while I have everything pulled out. The envelope liner Framelits makes this a breeze. I also masked off the sentiment again and added the Hi to the front of the envelope.