July always just seems to be the right time to start making Christmas Cards! I love to have a good start on them so when it get down to crunch time I’m less frantic. That being said. There is nothing like waiting till the last-minute to finish them up. Every year I think this jump-start is going motivate me to be ahead of the game. Yea, well. …we all know how that goes.
My goal this July is to make at least one Christmas card each day!! I am sharing the process on my Instagram feed. I would love for you to join me at @westsidepaper
I combined two stamp sets and the dies from Colorful Seasons. I am so glad that Santa’s Sleigh and Flurry of Wishes stamp sets are sticking around for a little bit longer. I just did not quite make enough cards with either set!!! And the snow flake dies in Colorful Seasons brings new life to both these sets.
I still think the snowflakes in this set are just wonderful!
And I have used that little Merry Christmas so much!!!
This set is just filled with all the wonder of Christmas! That deer is awesome and the tree is an all time favorite! I love the whimsical feel.
The color combination is a winter wonderland must have. We don’t think a lot about mixing blues and purples together. But, they work really well together in the right settings. Then through in a metallic and you have a wow combination!!!
- The watercolor background has a little bit of everything in it. I used a few colors of infusions watercolors (kinda like brusho) then I added in some fineteck metallic watercolor for some shimmer.
- The deer is stamped and then watercolor with Smoky Slate … Very watered down. He is double stacked on top of the circles.
- The snowflakes are die cut with silver paper as well as the background circle.
- The sentiment was stamped and then cut out with the stitched shapes frameletts. I love the little extra something the stitched work adds!
- The card base is Wisteria Wonder with Night of Navy layered on top!
Each of your comments makes me smile! Please, comment HERE.
When you spend $50 in July Stampin’ Up! will give you $5 to spend in August!!! For every $50 you spend in July!!! Let’s all say Merry Christmas in July!!!!