Over the weekend I attended a wonderful retreat in Huntsville, Al. One of the things we did was a card Swap. 60+ demonstrators swapped cards that they had designed. I truly loved seeing all the creativity that went into the swaps. I am sharing with you today, the card I made for the swap.
One of the cuties stamp sets in the Annual Catalog is You’re Sublime. I just am in love with the little crab. Though when I first saw the set the little frog had my heart! But, I have been won over by Mr. Crab!
When thinking about how to use this adorable set that you just must have!!! I was inspired by the 80’s IZOD color combination of bright pink and Kelly green. I have always been drawn to this happy color combination.
How could you ever forget the Bermuda Bag… My Mom carried this type of bag for years!!!
Or these great berets… I think I had every color combination imaginable….
I really do love these two colors together. I used Watermelon Wonder for my Bright Pink. The green is Cucumber Crush. And it really does still look wonderful together. How happy is this little crab on his background of Cucumber Crush stripes.
A few details:
- The card base is Thick Whisper White card stock cut at 5 1/2 inches and scored at 4 1/4 inches
- The layers are Watermelon Wonder (5 3/8 by 4 1/8) and Whisper White (5 1/4 by 4)
- The stripes are stamped on Whisper White card stock using the Brushstrokes Stamp Set.
- The Happy Birthday is stamped using Archival Basic Black and punched with the Washi Label Punch.
- Mr. Crab is stamped using Archival Basic Black and then colored using the Watermelon Wonder Stampin’ Wright Marker.
- The two circles are punched with the 1 3/4 and 2 1/2 inch punches
- Make sure that you like fussy cutting …Mr. Crab can be a little tricky to cut out. My tip is that if you work yourself into a corner move the paper around (verses the paper snips) to the direction you want to cut. Once you get the hang of fussy cutting it is quite relaxing…
Here is a second version just to change things up a bit. Mrs. Frog is quite cute, also! When you are making 60 of these cute little critters it is important to change it up a bit…..
The Supply List:
- Stamp Sets: You’re Sublime, Brushstrokes, and Remembering Your Birthday
- Paper: Thick Whisper White, Cucumber Crush, Watermelon Wonder, Whisper White
- Ink & Markers: Cucumber Crush, Watermelon Wonder, and Archival Basic Black
- Punches: 1 3/4 inch, 2 1/2 inch, and Washi Label
- Other: multipurpose glue, stampin’ dimensionals, paper snips
The class date for the Botanical Gardens Class has changed. It will be head on April 24th! Join us for a wonderful day of paper crafting!!
The Watercolor Wash class is filling up quickly. There are only 10 spots and 5 are already gone. Be sure to sign up today if you are planning on attending.
please use the form below if you are interested in either class!!! Thank You, Jennifer
I will be back tomorrow with more about the retreat an cards that I swapped for. You will get to see my favorites from the swap. They are pretty awesome.. So be sure to check back!