I’m so loving Dove of Peace
I always gravitate towards certain stamp sets. Some I love from the moment I see them, others I love after I have bought them. Some stamp sets I love from the moment I see them and then have a hard time stamping with them once I have them. (I’m playing around with one of those sets right now…day’s trying to get what I want) Other stamps I’m not sure what to do with them when I see them. But, once I start seeing all the beautiful creations and use the stamp my self I fall in love. It is always interesting to see what stamps I keep reaching for. Dove of Peace is defiantly a Love . I could use it every day and still want to pick it up again and create something new.
I was looking through some paper from the Holiday Catalog and in the Happy Hountings Designer Series Paper their is a great black paper with stars on it. Perfect for a night sky. I just knew it had to be paired with Dove of Peace.
The other little add sparkle comes from the new Black Glimmer Paper in the Holiday Catalog. No Black Glimmer Paper is not just for Halloween!!!
So, Now I bet I have you wondering how in the world do you make Happy Hauntings and Black Glimmer Paper work with a Christmas stamp.
Here are the details:
- The card base is Very Vanilla card stock cut at 5 1/2 inches and scored at 4 1/4 inches
- The layers are Black Glimmer Paper(5 3/8 by 4 1/8) and Happy Haunting Designer Series Paper(5 1/4 by 4)
- Stamp the Dove of Peace in Versa Mark ink then sprinkle with black embossing powder. Then Heat set using a heat tool. Make sure to use the embossing buddy before you stamp the dove. Also shake off any access embossing powder before heating the powder. I just love watching the powder turn into a raised embossed layer. So very cool!!!!
- Fussy cut the dove out using your paper snips. If you don’t own a pair of good paper snips then make sure to check out Stampin’ Up! snips. They make the best :>
- Stamp the word believe in Versa mark ink and then sprinkle with black embossing powder. Then heat set. The believe is from the Jolly Christmas Stamp Set
- Back the word believe with Black Glimmer Paper
Make sure you check out all the wonderful items that are apart of the weekly specials.
The supply list: