I have already played along with the global design projects color challenge this week. I just loved the color combination so much that I decided to make a Christmas card with the colors. This is a card that I posted earlier this week on Instagram. A friend (thanks Kat for the encouragement) of mine suggested that I tweak it just a bit and play along a second time. What fun!
You can see my card with this fab. color combination here.
The annual catalog has a great Christmas Set called Holly Berry Happiness. It coordinates with the Holly Berry Builder punch. I paired these two with the Bunch of Banners Framelits Dies.
You get everything you need to make beautiful holly. Everything from wreaths to individual bunches and so on! I love that this stamp set is a two-step set. This means you get a sketched outside image and a more solid image to fill in each of the hollies. You even get little berries to fill in around the holly.
- The holly was stamped in Basic Grey. Then filled in with Wild Wasabi. The berries were stamped in Berry Burst
- The banner was stamped in Crumb Cake. The sentiment is stamped in Berry Burst. Ink up the section of the stamp you wish to use. Stamp. Clean. Ink and Stamp. It is important that you clean the stamp in between the stamping. Ask me how I know….
- I used the Bunch of Banners dies to cut the banner out with a Big Shot.
- The bow was stamped in Basic Black. Then inside was stamped with Berry Burst after rolling the edges on scrap paper to add some verity to the color.
- The Berry Burst panel is embossed with the Holly Texture Embossing Folder
This card was lots of fun to recreate. I love that it is an “all the rage” square card. I am having so much fun creating these square cards. To make a 5 1/2 by 5 1/2 inch square card. You just simply cut the 8 1/2 edge of card stock at the 5 1/2 inches. In this case the card base is Crumb Cake. After cutting your paper you score at 5 1/2 inches. The layers are then, Wild Wasabi (1/8th less), Berry Burst (1/8th less), The Shimmery white layer is 4 1/4 inches by 4 1/4 inches with a Wild Wasabi cut the same way.
Each of your comments makes me smile! Please, comment HERE.
I would love for you to join my team. My stamping friends are the best. When you join under me not only do you get to be apart of my team. But, you will also be a member of the InKing Royalty! The best stamping community around!!! Stampin’ Up! has a great July Join event going on!!! So want you join me now???? If you have any questions about Stampin’ Up! or Joining Now, please feel free to contact me at [email protected] Join in July, get Free products!!! Everyone who joins in July will receive the Carols for Christmas stamp set. Don’t know that set???? It is bran new for the Holiday Catalog!!! You also get the Essentials Gift Pack. This pack includes paper snips, grid paper, snail adhesive, a bone folder, and two D stampin’ blocks. Exclusive to Christmas in July!!
When you spend $50 in July Stampin’ Up! will give you $5 to spend in August!!! For every $50 you spend in July!!! Let’s all say Merry Christmas in July!!!
Below is a list of products used to make this card! If you have any questions feel free to contact me at [email protected]