Peaceful Wreath for Fab Friday Challenge
I am yet again over the moon with excitement! I can’t believe that the card I submitted for the Pal’s Paper Arts Challenge was selected as one of the “Artist Picks” Whooo Hooo!!!! Hop over to the Pal’s Paper Arts page to see who all was selected as a “Artist Pick” If you would like to see my card her is the linkNow on to Today’s Card Challenge brought to us by the gang at Fab Friday Challenge. Challenge 70 is a sketch challenge. Here is the SketchI think this is such a versital sketch..
So, when I saw this sketch I knew that I wanted to use Peaceful Wreath stamp set for this sketch. I had just gotten in my new Holiday Catalog items. This was a great excuse to play with my new stamps!!!! Like I need a excuse …. You may be wondering how a wreath is perfect for this sketch. Well, my idea was to fussy cut the “swag” image and use it as the button element of the card. Well, I tend to let my stamps lead me in the right direction. When I sat down to make the card. I decide to stamp the image as a background as one of the layers….. I tell you all of this because, stamping is always a adventure that very rarely has a wright or a wrong way of doing things. I love the end result… But, its totally different from the card I had envisioned when I stared out. I still want to make that great card with the “swag”….Stay tuned.
Here is today’s card:
Here are the Details:
- This card is all about the layers. The card base is Pear Pizzazz cut at 5 1/2 inches and scored at 4 1/4 inches. The Real Red layer is 5 3/8 inches by 4 1/8 inches. The Pear Pizzazz layer is 1/2 inch smaller. The Shimmery White layer is 1/4 inch smaller. Now you know I had to work some Shimmery White into this project. What is a card with out a little simmer!!!!!!
- The Real Red layer is embossed using the Decorative Dots Texture Impression Embossing Folder and the Big Shot. I also, embossed the small red strip with Decorative Dots.
- I stamped the image of the “swag” using Tuxedo Black ink. Then coloring in the image using Pear pizzazz, Real Red, Soft Suede, and Wild Wasabi
- I stamped Peace in Real Red and cut it out to make a small tag. (after thought……I could have used the Tags and Labels Framelits to do this……Maybe next time)
- I stamp the bow in Soft Suede and cut it out using the Wonderful Wreath Framelits and Dies.
- Finally, I used a little linen thread to tie the whole project together
I hope you will remember to check out all the other great projects at Fab Friday Challenge. You should defiantly see what the Design Team created from this great sketch.
Here is today’s Supply List: Peaceful Wreath is not listed because it will not be available until September 1st when the Holiday Catalog goes live!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
Thank You for visiting Westside Paper Creations on the beautiful Thursday. We have just one more day and it will be the much anticipated Weekend.