Lighthearted Leaves was one of my “must have” stamp sets on the wish list for the Holiday Catalog. I enjoy watercoloring and coloring in general. And this stamp set is perfect for any coloring technique. And it has a very Bohemian fill. Witch I love.
I have know for a while now I wanted to use the big maple leaf for a fall card. I started making a card that would feature that beautiful Maple. But, as I worked the beauty of the Maple was not shining through. I finally, went another direction. The results are quite different from my original idea. But, I do love it!!!! When preparing to work with lighthearted leaves I go myself a little stash of M&M’s to munch on while I work. Well, right there in my bowl of M&M’s was my color inspiration!!! Who would have guessed???? It goes to prove that inspiration can come from anywhere at any time. We just have to be open to it!!!!
Now I did add Old Olive to the color round up you see above!
Here are the details:
- The card base is Old Olive card stock cut at 5 1/2 inches and scored at 4 1/4 inches
- The layers are Daffodil Delight ( 5 3/8 by 4 1/8) and Very Vanilla (5 1/4 by 4)
- The strip is Old Olive (1 by 4) and Daffodil Delight (3/4 by 4)
- On the Very Vanilla card stock stamp the leaf images using the new Archival Basic Black ink. Then using Stampin’ Wright Markers color the leaves using Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Real Read, and Cherry Cobbler
- Adhere the Very Vanilla layer to the Daffodil Delight. Then add the strips of Old Olive and Daffodil Delight.
- Wrap Linen thread around the strips and thread through the gold button. Add a bow. (I am horrible at making bows…So, I cheated. I made some loops around my fingers and then tied them in place with the linen thread I threaded through the button.) Also, do not pull to tight with your thread or you will bend your paper. (see where I bent my paper)
- Use the Big Shot and Greetings Thinlits to cut out “thanks” in Real Red. I make a sticker out of small thinlits like this using the Xyron X sticker maker. Just run it through the sticker maker and then adhere to the card. (be sure to rub the sticker really well before you add it to the card)
- Use Stampin’ Dimentionals to add the card to the card base.
Wallah….a beautiful card!!! Don’t forget to decorate the envelope. This makes it extra special and pretty for the trip through the mail!!!
The Supply List:
Thank You for stopping by Westside Paper Creations. It is Friday!!! I am supper excited for the start of College Football tomarrow! I will get to watch all my favorite teams play ball. And it is always a good excuse to avoid any chores…..I hope to see you back here soon.