Among the Branches
Well, I am happy to be sharing with yall today! If you are keeping up I missed blogging over the weekend. After losing the computer cord and not being able to locate it. UGGGGG!!!!!! After a great big search for it on Saturday, I decided that I had failed to bring it home from work. That meant no blogging for me. I hate to miss sharing with you all. But, sometimes life just gets in the way!!! On Sunday afternoon when Mike went to work. (He looked for the computer cord.) The the cord was still no where to be found. Well, so now what??? How do you charge a laptop with out the cord?????? Anyway, I was very productive in the absence of my computer. Our dog Daisy and I took a long walk in the rain on Saturday. She normally hates the rain. But, it was perfect out despite the rain. Daisy had so much fun pulling me down the road. I just seemed not fast enough for her….. Then on Sunday, I cleaned ALL day long, made a great little black bean and rice dish for Mike and myself and bathed the cats…. Still, no computer cord. What’s a girl to do!!! So finally, I start looking around (yes again) and low and behold the computer cord is right beside the computer!!!! I promise….All, I can say is thank you St. Anthony for returning my computer cord! You have saved so many lost things for the Blond Girl….We love you. Thank You for all your efforts and help along the way. I am amazed at how He returns things right where you can find them!!!
So, now that I have a charged computer (thank you St. Anthony) own with the card making. Today’s card features a great stamp set from the Holiday Catalog called Among The Branches. I just love the photopolymer stamps in this set! It is available in a bundle with the woodlands texture impression embossing folder. Both are a must. So you midst well bundle and save 15% right off the bat!!!!
Right off, I just love how this embossing folder is designed. And when you actually get to emboss with is ohhhhh, well then you may be on the verge of joy. It embosses so very beautifully! I used it with white watercolor paper. Why, well because it was there and the texture of watercolor paper and the wood of the folder… well, it came down to why not!!!! After all, I was just playing around at this point anyway! I loved the results. But, decide for today’s project that Very Vanilla would be more suited. So, on to today’s card.
Here are the Details:
- The card base is Tangerine Tango card stock cut at 5 1/2 inches and scored at 4 1/4 inches. On the card base stamp the small dots from Gorgeous Grunge in Basic Black
- The Layers are Basic Black (5 3/8 by 4 1/8) and Very Vanilla (5 1/4 by 3 3/4)
- The strips are Basic Black (5 3/8 by 1 ) and the Tangelo Twist 5/8 inches striped cotton ribbon. Adhere the ribbon to the back of the black layer using glue dots.
- Emboss the Very Vanilla layer using the Woodlands Texture Impressions Embossing Folder
- Stamp the Images from Among the Branches using Tangerine Tango ink and Basic Black ink
- Stamp the small dots from Gorgeous Grunge sparingly in Tangerine Tango ink on the Very Vanilla layer
- Stamp the “spooky” in Basic Black on Very Vanilla and cut it out using the Circles Framelits and Dies and the Big Shot.
- While you have your Big Shot out cut a Tangerine Tango piece using the next larger Circle Framelit . Stamp the small dots from Gorgeous Grunge on the circle with Basic Black ink
- Cut a circle using Basic Black and the 2 1/2 inch punch.
- All that is left is to adhere everything together using multipurpose glue and dimentionals.
For the envelope I decided to do a little extra decorating. I used Gorgeous Grunge to and dots to the envelope flap and to the bottom of the front of the envelope. Then for a little extra special flair. I used the Very Vanilla Envelope Paper and the Envelope Liner Framelit Dies . I know you are thinking…..So what….Well, after cutting out the Very Vanilla Envelope Paper with the Die, I used the Woodlands Texture Impression and the Among The Branches stamps to make a fabulous liner.
Here is today’s supply list: